Brewer Fanatic

New rule?

laserbomb

Individual wins don't count any more, after every series we add up the runs in that series and award a series sweep worth of wins and losses either way. For example, the Brewers won all 3 last week against the Astros, 19-6, but the Braves won all 4 this weekend, 12-15.

I'm not positive but I have a feeling the 2007 Brewers would come out better by 5+ games this season that way, and that'd be kind of a lot considering you're probably winning most of the games if you score the most runs in a series anyway.

If anyone is intrigued enough to put twenty minutes into it to see either way, I'd be interested in what you as chief technician come up with. You also get to decide what happens if they tied in any 3-game series. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/grin.gif

So basically all games are now 27 innings long and stretch out for 3 days. So I can buy tickets to the Middle 9 Innings of the game against Pit? And you can't really go back and "figure out" our record. If you start blowing out a team, they stop caring and run scrubs out there (see: 30-3).

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

In order, yes;

yes, no one would expect you to spend 72 hours at the park at a crack, can you imagine how drunk some people would get and the players probably wouldn't stay the whole time either;

you are technically correct and in the future teams would probably have to adjust some strategies to better fit the rule change;

probably almost no one would want to go and see the first quarter of a game that ends 3 days later, but thanks for weighing in;

you're right, Patrick's right, and the Astros didn't lose all three last week either, unfortunately;

and 19's right too, all the come-from-ahead losses got me wondering. Our runs scored are in the top third of the NL, runs allowed are right in the middle, and it's felt like a lot of close losses. I was curious about what the division race would look like if wins were added up in a way that kind of cancels out some of the lost leads in a way. Nothing big, maybe there was a chance someone wouldn't be able to sleep, get up, check bf and be curious and far enough from sleep to see how it'd fall out. Nothing realistic, just a little break from thinking about 3 GB. Some program for instant replay has to be the top priority this offseason anyway, before they mess with the parts of the game that are working consistently well. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Our runs scored are in the top third of the NL, runs allowed are right in the middle, and it's felt like a lot of close losses.

RS: 766

RA: 744

Record: 80-76

Expected Record*: 80-76

* Exp. Record = pythagorean record = games x [RS^2/(RS^2 + RA^2)]

Record in:

1 run games: 21-21

2 run games: 13-10

3 run games: 15-12

4 run games: 7-12

5 run games: 6-5

6+ run games: 18-16