Brewer Fanatic

Estrada likely done for season

AJAY

Estrada has cartilage tear

By Rick Braun
Monday, Sep 24 2007, 07:19 PM

An MRI has revealed that catcher Johnny Estrada has a tear of the medial meniscus cartilage in his left knee and seems likely to be unavailable for the rest of the regular season for anything other than possibly pinch-hitting duty.

Estrada left the game in Atlanta on Saturday with pain in the knee and did not play on Sunday.

He had the MRI and was examined by team doctor William Raasch on Monday.

Estrada is hitting .278 with 10 homers and 54 RBI.

So, did he just tear it over the weekend....or has he been trying to play through it as bast he could?

My guess is that JE could have sat out the better part of the past month(s) if he had an MRI earlier. I give him credit for trying to gut it out.

Ajay, you're a doctor, does he need surgery for this?

I am a psychologist, not a medical doctor. If Johnny Estrada needs a shrink to talk to, I'll be happy to listen to him complain about his mother.

I am a psychologist, not a medical doctor. If Johnny Estrada needs a shrink to talk to, I'll be happy to listen to him complain about his mother.

So quick psychologist quiz. What's wrong with me?

So quick psychologist quiz. What's wrong with me?

You really, really, really, really don't like Kevin Mench.

Am I close? Do I win a cookie?

Not defending Estrada here but who becomes our starting catcher if he doesn't come back?
Anyone who will maybe show some heart when they are playing the game would be good. I would take a .230 hitting catcher that might actually have a chance of throwing out a base runner once in a while over Estrada. I swear, it's like a bad little league game when he's catching sometimes. It is so clear to me now why this is the 4th organization he has played for in the last 7 years.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not defending Estrada here but who becomes our starting catcher if he doesn't come back?
Anyone who will maybe show some heart when they are playing the game would be good. I would take a .230 hitting catcher that might actually have a chance of throwing out a base runner once in a while over Estrada. I swear, it's like a bad little league game when he's catching sometimes. It is so clear to me now why this is the 4th organization he has played for in the last 7 years.

It could be his injury is related to his inability to throw anyone out. His career numbers, prior to this season, show him throwing out around 25%...not great, but a lot better than he has done in 2007.

It could be his injury is related to his inability to throw anyone out. His career numbers, prior to this season, show him throwing out around 25%...not great, but a lot better than he has done in 2007.

True. However, he did have a reputation about his attitude that preceded him.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived