Brewer Fanatic

idea: Jenkins to the Tigers?

DHarris34Phan

well it better be short term, because Detroit has some major OF depth down on the farm, Granderson isn't old, Ordonez isn't going anywhere soon. Then there is Cameron Maybin, Brent Clevlen, and Gorkys Hernandez may be 2 or more years away, but he is a prototypical leadoff hitter. Hernandez hits to all fields, and can steal bases in his sleep. Cameron Maybin projects as five-tool, unless Jenkins played first, where would they put him?

I'm pretty sure that if we pick up Jenkins' option, he gets 10-5 rights and an automatic no-trade. He'll either be back or the Brewers will get nothing for him.

If the Tigers really want Jenkins as a part of their LF solution, maybe they'd let this guy go for a low level prospect or cash or what-have-you:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/R/Ryan-Raburn.shtml

Between Dillon and Raburn, I think the Brewers would be extremely likely to have somebody who would outperform Mench as the right-handed half of an outfield platoon with Gross, and bring more versatility to the bench too.

Again, I am going to start a total Granderson love fest now. I would basically party on the roof of my parents house if the Brewers ever got Curtis Granderson. He is the most underrated centerfielder in the league. I want him on the Brewers and he has a very smart baseball mind. I know it has nothing to do with the thread at hand, but he is the guy I want the most of any position player right now (except ARod).

Archived