Brewer Fanatic

9/24/2007: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you, after this weekend I needed a happy game that would at least temporarily make me forget about the pennant race, the long odds and the looming off-season. God bless the Brewers for delivering just that. The"monster mash" and curtain call were incredible. as was Uecker's call of the same - I couldn't hear it on my walkman, of course, because of the noise level in the park, but that one will be worth cueing up on brewersradionetwork.com.

Windiv07 will be glad to hear that we did our part in his plan, though I'm sure we were the only fans in the terrace chanting Ned-Ned-Ned and then Dale-Dale-Dale.

Did I see correctly when I thought I saw Damian give the one-digit salute about an inch from the home plate umpire's face (after he came back out in catching gear)? And what I couldn't figure out about the home plate call was how the ump could see anything amid the kicked up cloud of dust. Also - once the cloud cleared, the slide path was pretty clearly delineated, and it noticeably ended ahead of the plate.

Another thing we noticed was the flat screen TV that is now installed in front of Mark Attanasio's seat. I'm going to assume it's for replays. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif We didn't sit in view of his seats during the Reds series, but the TV was definitely not there at the beginning of the month.

Whenever the offseason does begin, I'm going to try to remember nights like this, not necessarily the "big picture." Thanks, Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Another thing we noticed was the flat screen TV that is now installed in front of Mark Attanasio's seat. I'm going to assume it's for replays. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif We didn't sit in view of his seats during the Reds series, but the TV was definitely not there at the beginning of the month.

It's portable, it has simple hooks on the back that allow the screen to "hang" on the railing in front of him. Thats how I know if he'll be in attendance that night - when I.m walking to my seats I peak over. No tv screen, no Mark A than night.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

why is this team so much better at Home what wrong with this club ,my kingdom for someone to fix this problem

Well, it's likely not going to be an issue for the 2007 season any more.

Here's to hoping it is an issue in 2007 and that we cross that bridge when we come to it! I'm off to the game after one more post to tonight's game thread!

Archived