Brewer Fanatic

9/24/2007: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone really liked Bill's increased sarcasm and biased color commentating in the last 2 games?

I mean, we didn't see that ALL year, but in the last two games, WOW!

Yeah i'm really likin' it.

Haha, we don't need Dale Sveum to get ejected now. By the way, why was Skallen ejected?

Nice to see the guys having so much fun tonight...that kind of thing makes me feel good about the rest of the homestand. Too bad momentum only carries you as far as the next day's starting pitcher. Go get 'em tomorrow, Soup, and here's to hoping Dontrelle Willis can stop sucking long enough to shut down the Cubs tomorrow. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Only 2 more wins to get to 82.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Well I hustled back home from the game to beat the traffic but more importantly, to catch the post game interview. It appears Ned heeded the windiv07 manifesto on page 1 of this thread tonight. However Skaalen did not, getting tossed prematurely.

What a weird game. Miller gets tossed and an inning later, our only other catcher almost gets tossed after a simply awful call. We are right behind home plate on the loge and I had the glasses on it. It was a bone-jarring collision! The only possible place the home plate ump could've been standing and missed even seeing the plate was where he was.

I'm glad I recorded this one. can't wait to see the strike zone. From where we are it is hard to tell but it seemd much smaller for us than for the Cards.

They got to Wainwright early. Good job crew! 1 W down, 6 to go. And the tough pitching matchup in this series is now behind us.

Hmm. Well that was a pretty anti-climatic press conference. It was pretty much night and day on Yost's reactions compared to yesterday's. Said that they were arguing balls and strikes, wasn't concerned with the umpire's effort tonight. All the reporters tried to get him to say something negative about them, but he wouldn't bite. Wouldn't even comment on the play at the plate.

And LOL...Ned just isn't much of a "fan" kind of guy.

"Seems like the fans are pretty excited about the last week of the season despite the rough weekend".

Ned: "Well, they should be"!

Good game today. Was at perhaps my final game of the year, depending on moving situation on Sunday. But what a game it was!

Princes monster home run. Last game I saw with the Cards. Pujols hit that monster show, but I think Prince beat it by a mile.

A picture of a drunk nun holding a miller lite. (Yes she was drunk and a nun)

Was taped for FSN - St Louis pre-game filler. The camera man made us turn our Miller bottles around to not display miller logos. (Yep.. really.. playing at MILLER PARK and all)

The Doormans real name is "Mark" and when I asked him how much he spends on jerseys, his reply is "To much". (Sweet seats though).

And I got Mark A's picture and autograph. He seemed a little.. .. tired .. but neat that there was a line for the owners autograph (My raise the roof poster is awesome now).

Just to comment on an earlier post about the crowd tonight, Prince's homer really brought the crowd back. The crowd seemed on the fence until that moment, and then it was pretty electric in there and stayed good all game. I would say about 15% of the crowd gave the standing O when the Crew came onto the field.

And I was more impressed that the stadium sort of quietly filled up. Early in the game it looked like an okay attendance, but after a couple of innings it was nearly full. Very impressed with the turnout.

Parking was horrible. It took a long time to get into the park, I don't know if they didn't staff up enough, or there were a bunch of "newbies" going to the game. But getting into the Giants lot was very very slow, and lots of people were opening their doors right after they pulled in. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived