Brewer Fanatic

9/24/2007: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what's the objective here? To win games, right? Then you probably don't go out of your way to antagonize another umpiring crew in the first game of a series. Honestly, you gotta think of the big picture here, especially with a week to go.

(That isn't to defend those calls, all of which pretty well sucked.)

Yeah but you can't let them walk all over you and Yost has to come out and defend his players. As Bill has been saying, it's not like Yost is making outrageous claims.

So, what's the objective here? To win games, right? Then you probably don't go out of your way to antagonize another umpiring crew in the first game of a series. Honestly, you gotta think of the big picture here, especially with a week to go.

(That isn't to defend those calls, all of which pretty well sucked.)

It didn't seem to hurt Bobby Cox and his team after he got thrown out on Friday night.

Way to go Ned!! I am glad he said something yesterday in his post game press conference, and I am glad he's not having any of it tonight either. This team got royally screwed over yesterday, possibly to the tune of it costing them their season, and the Brewers are just supposed to take it?? Wrong. These umpires need to be held accountable when they screw up, and they aren't. No instant replay in baseball to go back and get the call right if it was initially wrong, so what do you do?? The umpires throw out the manager/player(s)/coach for arguing a call that was clearly wrong and the umpires never need to be held accountable?? That's BS.

WHAT??

This game is in high def??

Why didn't I know that earlier?

Ugh.

Exactly. I thought they were done for the year. I had no idea either. The guide has had that same stupid message up there for weeks now about checking back and maybe once in a blue moon we'll show something in HD.

If there is one group of people that closes ranks around each other, puts up the claim "We're just doing our job" and feels like they should be entitled to full legal and Constitutional protection for everything they do in life faster than even self-defined journalists, it's Major League umpires.

This isn't going away, boys. And God help us when the Cubs stumble and things get close heading into the weekend.

Horrible position by the umpire and absolutely disgraceful umpiring PUNCH HIM!!!!!!!

I was screaming the same thing. I think MLB wants Chicago in the postseason.

Ok, enough of that conversation. There is no conspiracy. The umpires are just getting lazy at the end of the year, which is what Yost was arguing yesterday. If the players are busting their butt, the umps should continue doing the same. Let's not sink to the depths of Cubs fans by calling something a conspiracy. The umpiring has just been bad.

I'm going to have to say, this is my favorite FSN production of this season. They just announced Jimmy John's Delivery of the Game - Phil Cuzzi. Complete with montage of his ejection of Miller, Skaalen, Yost, and the blown call at home.

Horrible position by the umpire and absolutely disgraceful umpiring PUNCH HIM!!!!!!!

I was screaming the same thing. I think MLB wants Chicago in the postseason.

Ok, enough of that conversation. There is no conspiracy. The umpires are just getting lazy at the end of the year, which is what Yost was arguing yesterday. If the players are busting their butt, the umps should continue doing the same. Let's not sink to the depths of Cubs fans by calling something a conspiracy. The umpiring has just been bad.

Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything, but I don't know how much water this argument really holds. How hard is it to umpire 162 games a year without getting lazy? I mean, do you really call a guy "safe" that you would have called "out" because of laziness?? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, you would think that if it was simple laziness, we'd see shoddy calls in both directions, which we have not.

Has anyone really liked Bill's increased sarcasm and biased color commentating in the last 2 games?

I mean, we didn't see that ALL year, but in the last two games, WOW!

I'm a big fan of sarcasm (even though it's gotten me in trouble on here occassionally!) http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

Archived