Brewer Fanatic

9/24/2007: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible position by the ump and because of that do you not just assume that since Rivera is completely blocking home plate that the base runner is out? From where he was standing what can he base the runner being safe on?

Edit: Great camera slow motion camera view and another great comparison of the Miller/Pujols pitches which just further proves the point i made earlier of an inconsistent strike zone.

So, what's the objective here? To win games, right? Then you probably don't go out of your way to antagonize another umpiring crew in the first game of a series. Honestly, you gotta think of the big picture here, especially with a week to go.

(That isn't to defend those calls, all of which pretty well sucked.)

So, what's the objective here? To win games, right? Then you probably don't go out of your way to antagonize another umpiring crew in the first game of a series. Honestly, you gotta think of the big picture here, especially with a week to go.

(That isn't to defend those calls, all of which pretty well sucked.)

But you can't just let them not to their jobs, which is what Yost's point was. The Crew is busting their butts (even with just a slimmer of hope left), so the least the umpires can do is to keep doing their jobs through the end of the year. They just seem to be lazy right now "playing out the season".

Here's to hoping that 20fry can post a video of the play at the plate and the strike zone overlay.

Here's to hoping that one day brewerfan.net allows us to swear so I don't have to rush over to realgm to let all my swears out.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif

Archived