Brewer Fanatic

The Day the Season Died

brewtown82
Well, it's over. The Cubs may have won enough games down the stretch to hold us off anyway, but now it's looking just about definite. WE gave it a good go, but in the end, not enough to make the playoffs. And while my wallet will be happy when i get my playoff ticket refund, my heart will be sad knowing the only year the Brewers made the playoffs in my lifetime is the year i was born. And so in unison with the Cubs fans when they get eliminated in the first round, I cry "Wait Till Next Year!" And oh yeah, fire Yost.

Kudos to kgbaseball for his level of remaining hope. I can't quite share it, but I will be rooting for a successful homestand all the same.

My hope for this next week is that MP fans respond positively to the Brewers. Despite the frustrations, they have given us the most exciting and hopeful season in years. Their overall performance this year reawakened a lot of interest in the team, which cannot be a bad thing. They have made progress this year (though I know it's an understatement to say that we all hoped for more).

I plan to stand and cheer for the Brewers, starting Monday as they take the field.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Kudos to kgbaseball for his level of remaining hope. I can't quite share it, but I will be rooting for a successful homestand all the same.

My hope for this next week is that MP fans respond positively to the Brewers. Despite the frustrations, they have given us the most exciting and hopeful season in years. Their overall performance this year reawakened a lot of interest in the team, which cannot be a bad thing. They have made progress this year (though I know it's an understatement to say that we all hoped for more).

I plan to stand and cheer for the Brewers, starting Monday as they take the field.

I'm with you on that one. We got some bad breaks down the stretch but the bottom line is that the Crew just didn't get er done. Let's finish with some pride!

We've all had our share of griping...including me, but I'll be pulling for a great homestand and hoping for the best. Our guys have shown a lot of fight the last month. Things haven't worked out...but it's not for lack of effort. One last thing...the Cubs don't just lose, they lose in excruciating fashion. How 'bout a one game playoff loss to the Crew!!! That would fit with their tradition.

I'm not ready to fold up and spend all my time rooting for the Cubs to choke in the playoffs...let's Go Brew Crew!!!

Just switched my wallpaper on the computer from the MB logo to Lambeau Field. It is officially football season for me now. But I'm sure I'll watch every game this week...holding out that last sliver of hope.

You don't even want to know what I changed my wallpaper to. It's to depressing. Oh well, I'll still be at three games this week, cheering on the improbable (but not impossible). I have to admit I'm really disappointed though.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

yup, I'm not giving up yet either. If the NY press and ESPN aren't giving up on the Yankees yet, then I'm not giving up on the Brewers. It is just disappointing that we were literally 3 innings away from a 5-2 road trip.

I'm still hoping for the winning season. Hope the players don't pack it in, although I doubt it with 7 home games full of fans (albeit, there will likely be a good amount of Cards fans).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Just switched my wallpaper on the computer from the MB logo to Lambeau Field. It is officially football season for me now.

That's cool but my wallpaper is and always will be whoever this girl is.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

http://images.thatimagesite.com/core/123/123_image.jpg

yup, I'm not giving up yet either. If the NY press and ESPN aren't giving up on the Yankees yet, then I'm not giving up on the Brewers.

Entering play today, the Yankees had a 99.7% chance to make the postseason. That crazy east coast media...clearly it will take a miracle for the Yankees to make it. The Brewers started the day at 12.3% and lost. Not exactly the same thing, but carry on.

yup, I'm not giving up yet either. If the NY press and ESPN aren't giving up on the Yankees yet, then I'm not giving up on the Brewers.
Entering play today, the Yankees had a 99.7% chance to make the postseason. That crazy east coast media...clearly it will take a miracle for the Yankees to make it. The Brewers started the day at 12.3% and lost. Not exactly the same thing, but carry on.

Out east the thought is not just that the Yanks will make the playoffs, but will win the division (I think they entered today about 2.5gb) - which is what I assume he was talking about, but still...

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

While I'm still hopeful (hey you have to be, that's what being a fan is all about), I am realistic that our hopes are dwindling. I hope that this team learns from these games, and next year we are the team peaking in September, winning big games on the road.

Also, as anyone would have predicted in the beginning of the season, our season was dependent on Ben Sheets. When he was healthy (first half of the season) we were good, when he went down, we struggled.

I was referring to winning the division. Sorry about not being totally clear about that. I should have known better before hitting "post".

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived