Brewer Fanatic

$5 says we make it (playoffs)

Warriors76

Warriors76 on 8/30 at 11:12pm:

"I heard the team photo is going to be on the cover of Popular Mechanics next month; they are doing a special about epic collapses."

Warriors76 on 8/31 at 3:22am:

"Sorry. But since you are 17 I give you four more years before you give up.

It's inevitable. Failure is only worth so much $$"

I also happen to remember you making a thread of something along the lines of "Give me one reason to believe in this team. And here we are with 8 games left, things not going well, and you are going to make a bet on the Brewers making it??? Are you a bandwagon fan?

If we were 1.5 games back I'd have a pretty good feeling about things but unfortunately we are 2.5 games back. The Cubs have just done that little bit extra to win some close games and we have found ways to lose a few down the stretch (largely Yost's fault but I'll save that for another thread).

I've got an Abe Lincoln that says we find a way. PayPal bet. Any takers?

For the sake of your financial well-being, I sure hope you didn't get too many takers on this bet. It's all over but the crying (although the crying really should have began on Labor Day, when it became apparent we had a nearly unstoppable force working against us from within our very own dugout)...

Cubs are just playing too good down the stretch. Assuming they'll hang on today, they've won 10 of 12. The Brewers haven't totally shot themselves in the foot, but you have to be pretty much perfect to keep pace with how well the Cubs are playing.

Archived