Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07

What a fitting way to end our last road trip of the season, and what I would guess is Jenkins' last road game as a Brewer.

It's an absolute shame that completely abysmal road play is leaving the Crew on the outside of the playoff picture. To dominate as much as they have at home, only to throw it away by playing .395 ball on the road is pitiful. With the talent we have coming back next year, this streak of getting our brains beat in on the road has to end.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the better team won the division and we have to accept that.Rulz i take that bet i don"t see us winning 90 without upgrading the tem.

I am not rulz but I will take the bet with you. Sheets, Gallardo, Carlos, Suppan, and a 5th make a great rotation and the lineup with a year of experience will be sick. A healthy weeks for a full year. Hardy has proven he is a very good player (maybe not an all-star but very good), Braun will only get better. Fielder is a monster. Hart may be the team MVP. Hall will improve in my mind, maybe not to last years numbers but better than this years. Gross/righty (maybe Dillion) will be solid with good OBP. Catcher is a question mark but isnt terrible even if we stay with what we have. The bullpen is question mark but with some trades of extra starters we can help shore that up. 90 wins should be very attainable.

The bullpen isn't the only question mark for me. It seems like blind optimism to think that everyone will improve or (at least) maintain. I would have to see what moves are made in the offseason before to think 90 wins is attainable. I thought that at the beginning of the year (winning 90), but the last month has made me wonder if the way the team is playing will continue into the next season.

ETA: But I have faith that the team will win the division. For no other reason that you have to as a fan.

the better team won the division and we have to accept that.Rulz i take that bet i don"t see us winning 90 without upgrading the tem.

I am not rulz but I will take the bet with you. Sheets, Gallardo, Carlos, Suppan, and a 5th make a great rotation and the lineup with a year of experience will be sick. A healthy weeks for a full year. Hardy has proven he is a very good player (maybe not an all-star but very good), Braun will only get better. Fielder is a monster. Hart may be the team MVP. Hall will improve in my mind, maybe not to last years numbers but better than this years. Gross/righty (maybe Dillion) will be solid with good OBP. Catcher is a question mark but isnt terrible even if we stay with what we have. The bullpen is question mark but with some trades of extra starters we can help shore that up. 90 wins should be very attainable.

The bullpen isn't the only question mark for me. It seems like blind optimism to think that everyone will improve or (at least) maintain. I would have to see what moves are made in the offseason before to think 90 wins is attainable. I thought that at the beginning of the year (winning 90), but the last month has made me wonder if the way the team is playing will continue into the next season.

ETA: But I have faith that the team will win the division. For no other reason that you have to as a fan.

What are the other big question marks? Infield defense is really the other thing I can think of. And maybe the manager but i dont want to get into that.

I have never heard Bill S. get so passionate in the booth, and usually he errs on the side of fairness to each club, so you know the umpiring was awful.

I just hope we can come home and at least put a decent homestand together.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What are the other big question marks? Infield defense is really the other thing I can think of. And maybe the manager but i dont want to get into that.

Not really big questions marks, just a bunch that make me think that changes need to be made before I think the next year's team will perform better than this year's. The biggest is the bullpen, and then 1) Manny-esque durabilty of some starters, 2) catchers, 3) infield defense, and (the least questionable) 4) whether of not the offense will maintain, let alone improve. But like I said, I'm optimistic for no other reason than I have to be.

Bill did the same thing a week or two ago. I want to say it was against Houston or Cincy, but I could be wrong.

He called out the umps for the Hart strikeout in Chicago, and apologized as he did today. And big kudos to Yost for not holding back in his interview today. I was surprised FSN stuck with it with all the swearing he was doing.

Bill did the same thing a week or two ago. I want to say it was against Houston or Cincy, but I could be wrong.
He called out the umps for the Hart strikeout in Chicago, and apologized as he did today. And big kudos to Yost for not holding back in his interview today. I was surprised FSN stuck with it with all the swearing he was doing.

That's right, how could I forget! That was when Marmol struck out Corey Hart on that ridiculous call by the home plate ump.

I missed Ned's interview. Summary please?

Talked about how the umpiring was a joke. Said that the umps are paid to get the calls right. It wasn't just about this game, but the entire series our guys were busting their butts (he didn't say butts, lol) and didn't get one call to go their way. Said it was unprofessional of the ump to smile in his face after blowing those calls. Said he tries to give the umps the benefit of the doubt, but it was a joke. Also discussed that Cappy and Vargas pitched well, Linebrink would have pitched the 8th and Coco the 9th.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wow, Ned's postgame interview went nuclear. I have never seen him so passionate on a post-game.

Write these names down:

HP: Ed Montague. 1B: Jerry Layne. 2B: Chris Guccione. 3B: Marvin Hudson.

The next time we see them in Miller Park, let's remind them of today.

It was a really short interview and Ned was still livid. He dropped more than one cuss in that interview. He really laid into the umps, as thablingster said, someone started asking about Cappy and he cut them off and said that Cappy pitched his heart out, so did Vargas, and then said he was done. It was a great interview and I was really happy to see some fire from Yost for once. He did a nice job of sticking up for our guys.

I still have it on the dvr, but I really don't have a way to get it off of there.

I still have it on the dvr, but I really don't have a way to get it off of there.

Ditto. I am not exactly astute to how one could get the video off of it.

The Yost interview is uploading to youtube as I type. In the mean time here is a clip of the blown call that resulted in Yost's ejection for those that missed it. Forgive the sound quality, I'm using an old wireless tv transmitter to send the signal to my PC. It doesn't handle sound all that well.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

From the Brewers Blog:

Umpire crew chief Ed Montague said he had not looked at the replays of the calls but said supervisor Richie Garcia did.

"He said we got them right," said Montague, who said Yost should look in the mirror.

Ugh.

Also, thanks 20fry for posting the videos.

I think be should have punched that ump in the face.

Thats a terrible thing to say.... but I said the same thing while watching the game..

From the Brewers Blog:

Umpire crew chief Ed Montague said he had not looked at the replays of the calls but said supervisor Richie Garcia did. "He said we got them right," said Montague, who said Yost should look in the mirror.
Rule number one: Never admit you are wrong no matter how much evidence is stacked against you.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived