Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand, the Packers are playing well....

I'm saddened by this game, but I can't say I'm completely surprised. I'm not completely giving up hope on this team, but it will take a minor miracle this next week for us to be celebrating a Brewers NL Central championship along with a crushing of the Viqueens. This is a young team, and lately the breaks have not been going their way. Many things their own doing, but many things outside their control (the blown call at second today). The Scrubs have gotten hot at the right time. But next year and the following year will be fun! Heck, this week will still be fun!

I agree that next year we will be the favorites if the teams stay pretty much as they are. I smell a Cardinals spending spree on the horizon though. Also, if Cuban gets the Cubs (and it is approved quickly) then they will raise their team salaries as well.

Does bringing Ned back for next year mean that we get another year of Chris Spurling pitching in every big game?

The pieces weren't quite ready to come together this year but the future is bright. I think the Brewers are going to win 90+ games next year and I'll bet you that they will be the favorites to win the division. They will deserve to be.

I'd agree with you assuming the Brewers' and Cubs' rosters stay the same, but unfortunately, I see the Cubs going out and buying a real closer next year if they don't just put Marmol in that role, and we really have no idea what DM has up his sleeve this offseason. Next year's race should be pretty close, too, but hopefully it's the Brewers that will be 2.5-3.5 games up heading into the final week next year.

Nice piece of hitting by Dillon to lead off the 9th.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Well, JrDave, this would have to be a bigger miracle than the '04 Red Sox experienced, since more is needed than 'simply' for the Brewers to win out.

What a shame. The 2007 Brewers have more pieces of the puzzle in place than they've had in a long time, but not the full puzzle's worth yet.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

the better team won the division and we have to accept that.Rulz i take that bet i don"t see us winning 90 without upgrading the tem.

I am not rulz but I will take the bet with you. Sheets, Gallardo, Carlos, Suppan, and a 5th make a great rotation and the lineup with a year of experience will be sick. A healthy weeks for a full year. Hardy has proven he is a very good player (maybe not an all-star but very good), Braun will only get better. Fielder is a monster. Hart may be the team MVP. Hall will improve in my mind, maybe not to last years numbers but better than this years. Gross/righty (maybe Dillion) will be solid with good OBP. Catcher is a question mark but isnt terrible even if we stay with what we have. The bullpen is question mark but with some trades of extra starters we can help shore that up. 90 wins should be very attainable.

Archived