Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07
Bill and Brian generally go out of their way to give the umps the benefit of the doubt, and FOX accommodates them with lots of replay angles. When the announcers are expressing this degree of disgust and emotion, something's definitely wrong.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though we're getting screwed by the umps, I still don't know how you hang Claudio out to dry there. That's ridiculous. Use the rest of the bullpen, this is an absolute must win game, especially since the Pirates are worthless.

I was thinking the same thing. We traded 3 prospects for Linebrink so he could pitch 7th innings. Then in the biggest one of the year we leave him in the bullpen.

It's officially Packers season now, boys. The Brewers really do not deserve to win this division when they're playing for something special and cough up leads in back-to-back games. Our pitching isn't good enough to take us anywhere in the playoffs anyways. I just hope we finish above .500.

I'm glad i'm not alone in wondering why we didn't bring in Linebrink for the 7th or take Claudio out sooner.

The argument to leave him in would go something like this: Bad calls and a muffed catch by Rivera are no reflection on his pitching performance. On the other hand, I agree with you. You yank a pitcher as much to change momentum and this situation called for it, so I am with you.

"Claudio's a polished, major league player."

If we don't pull it out in the 9th, 3.5 games with a week to go is going to be extremely difficult. Say we win tomorrow, we go 3 behind, we have to go 6-0 in two games against the Cards, and four against one of the best staffs in the league, who just so happen to be fighting for the NL West and Wild Card. And that's assuming the Cubs only go 3-3 against the Marlins and Reds.

What an absolute bummer. It's not entirely impossible, but we are definitely looking up from the bottom of a mountain.

With Spurling still in there, you have to think that Linebrink isn't available, for whatever reason.

And the Cubs are crushing the Pirates, so I don't think a win today would have mattered, unfortunately.

I would have to agree with Linebrink. Honestly, he better be hurt or it is inexcusable. When two got one Vargas needed to be pulled for Linebrink if he was ok to pitch. He didnt pitch yesterday so it wasnt a need for rest.

Archived