Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07

Hall bobbled the ball in center and Francoeur rounded second. Hall picked it up, Francoeur dove back to second and was tagged out by Weeks. Clearly out. The ump called him safe and Ned rightfully went ballistic.

Ironic how it happened at the exact same second as the Packers scoring the go-ahead touchdown.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for doing your job, Ray. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

The good news is that the Brewers have 2 more innings to try and tie this game up, but the bad news is that Dotel-Soriano is going to be tough to get anything against. Hopefully they Brewers aren't too down from this inning, but it's not looking good.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If you have picture-in-picture working, it's easy to see why the Packers are king in Wisconsin.

That said, somebody needs to say something about these umps. Just incredibly bad. Jeff Tripplette's crew is working the Packer game and I thought that they were teh worst crew in legitimate US pro sports (NBA not included).

I think this game sums up the Brewers' season pretty well. 4 runs on only 5 hits, but a few walks, men left in scoring position, and an inability to hit a guy with a 6.00 ERA offensively, while the pitching goes 6 innings strong before getting beat with a plethora of infield hits, bloop hits, and drives down the line. Never a quick, painless death, but rather a slow, excruciating death extending from the 7th to the 9th. Hopefully I'm wrong about this game, though.

Nice job JJ on the leadoff single.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

this one is on the umps..I know you have to make plays get over it and all that other crap. when you get screwed and have to make extra outs, its hard to over come

Well especially in this situation. Its really maddening that two of our biggest series in this past month, have really been so effected by absolutely horrible, blatantly bad calls. If the players or the coaching fails, that's on us, but between this and the Cubs series, I'm just appalled that the officiated could be so bad in such important games.

Well, way to prove me wrong, Claudio/Ray/whoever else was pitching.

On the plus side, the rotation looks to be dynamite next year. Sheets, Gallardo, Villanueva, Suppan, Bush/Capuano/Vargas/Parra. Maybe trade one or two of those extra starters for some relief/corner outfield help, maybe a catcher.

This team could go a long way next year.

Also, the Packers just won. look how excited I am. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/tired.gif

Ooh, I should be able to get tickets easy to next Sunday's Brewers-Padres finale. I don't care if they're out, I still love watching baseball.

Archived