Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Hmm let's see. Ned wants this one bad. We last won with Cappy appearing in the game on May 12.
And who would you rather have?

Vargas? His run support is the only reason he has a solid record

Parra? Another rookie just coming back from the DL

I would rather had Ben Sheets pitch today, and that is definitely not Yost's fault.

come on cap, way to prove you want back into the rotation
Inning is over on most teams right now, hard to throw the blame on the pitcher for crap like this. It wouldn't surprise me if half of Capuano's struggles can directly be attributed to the dumb shifts. Its mostly his BABIP at fault and we use the shift way too much and it leads to a ton of singles that shouldn't have been.

I can agree with this. Need to get out of this though

Well, considering that this is a near-emergency start for Capuano (and given his all too well documented woes this season), I'm not disappointed so far. Thanks, Chris, and see if you can take it another inning.

Edit: Or maybe not. Well, Brewers, please pull this one out - if for no other reason to get the 'winless' streak off Cap's back.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It was a little awkward on TBS when TGJ stepped into the batter's box, since his dad is doing commentary. TGJ bunting out on the first pitch of the AB spared us about 5 minutes of silence since TGS didn't say anything other than "Junior probably wanted to get that one further down the line" during the entire appearance.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

And that play by Rivera (failing to block a pitch from Vargas, literally kicking it down the line) is a prime example why he's not a better option at C than Estrada. Ugh.

Edit: Nice try, Rickie. Too bad Tex was batting lefty on that, otherwise he would have had him at first.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived