Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07

I've got nothing left in my optimism tank. Bone dry.

I think yesterday was when 2007 was lost and 2008 was won. I think the team has used this year successfully to learn just how good they really are, and despite all the talent and ego out there, they learned they need to commit to getting better.

Then again, we have always played the Hudsons and Smoltzes tough, but lose to the Bennetts and Shearns.

At least we aren't the Pirates, a dreadful sad-sack futureless un-inspired bunch of losers if ever I saw any.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it's not like this board hasn't spent the past 6 days accusing the Cubs opposing teams of the same thing.

Actually, I would be very surprised if anyone here seriously thinks that opposing teams are losing on purpose to the Cubs to spite us.

Ya, I didn't know where that came from either. I think plenty of people have been upset the Pirates and Reds couldn't pull out some games, but nobody even implied it was intentional.

Best part of Cappy's start today is that he has a huge chance at redemption. I think all of us would gladly forget his year if he can somehow manage to put up 7 shoutout innings. Gotta love America, and our willingness to forgive-I'm willing to forgive for a great performance.

Just think of how awesome it would feel if the Brewers somehow pulled this thing out. That should keep you going if you are really that pessimistic. I'm at peace with a non-playoff Brewers team in 2007.

Go Capuano! Anyone else think if Cappy pitches well and wins today he has a much better shot of being in the 2008 rotation?

Today's lineup per JSOnline,

Milwaukee Brewers

Player

AVG

OBP

SLG

R. Weeks, 2B

J. Hardy, SS

R. Braun, 3B

P. Fielder, 1B

C. Hart, RF

K. Mench, LF

J. Estrada, C

B. Hall, CF

C. Capuano, P

Atlanta Braves

Player

AVG

OBP

SLG

Y. Escobar, 2B

E. Renteria, SS

C. Jones, 3B

M. Teixeira, 1B

J. Francoeur, RF

A. Jones, CF

M. Diaz, LF

C. Miller, C

J. Reyes, P

Damn, that is one nasty lineup the Braves have. How many teams in baseball can lay claim to 5 hitters in their everyday lineup that hit .320 or better?? Throw in another hitting .290 and this has to be one of the best lineups in all of baseball. Makes the outings by Carlos and Yo doubly impressive.

Pray for the Brewers

It's OT, but when I visited Comerica Park in Detroit during it's inaugural season, one of the churches across the street had a big banner that said "Pray for the Tigers here." I found it humorous, especially considering the Tigers' record during that time. Maybe one of the downtown churches in Milwaukee should give it a shot.

This game is driving me crazy on picture in picture (I've busted the Brewers down to the small screen and have the Packers on the main one) because it seems every time I look down a ball is sailing out of the park and I get excited/angry, only to find out that it's just a replay from yesterday.

did i see a poll on jsonline that said most people think yost should be back next year? Is this the true sentiment? I'm no longer in the area, so I don't know the vibe, but I've been watching games all year on the mlb package. Bringing him back would be an absolute joke.

When does the exaggerated shift EVER work? I think it's another Yostian example of overthinking baseball.

It works against extreme pull hitters, Yost seems to just use it on everyone though. Its crap like this that has led to the bad team ERA.

A good 1B makes that play at 1B even if it was a bad call to begin with. Without the stupid shift we probably get the 2nd guy out. They finally get a real hit and it scores a run.

come on cap, way to prove you want back into the rotation
Inning is over on most teams right now, hard to throw the blame on the pitcher for crap like this. It wouldn't surprise me if half of Capuano's struggles can directly be attributed to the dumb shifts. Its mostly his BABIP at fault and we use the shift way too much and it leads to a ton of singles that shouldn't have been.

Archived