Brewer Fanatic

9/23/2007 Milwaukee (Capuano) at Atlanta (Reyes) 12:00 Noon CDT... it all comes down to this game

Brewcrewin07
The Brewers are now on life support and have one last chance to stay alive. That one chance is tomorrow. The Brewers obviously MUST win, and the Cubs absolutely have to lose. Any other scenario and it is for sure over. It may well be over already, but if they can go into Monday still down 1.5 and get a win Monday to narrow the lead to 1 game, then it is a race to the finish line. If after Monday the Crew is only 1 game out, I will take my chances with 6 to play and the Brewers at home and the Cubs on the road, no matter who the opponents are.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so fast my friend.

If both teams win or both teams lose tomorrow, and the brewers win monday, they are 2 back with 6 to play.

5-1 at home is unlikely but not impossible. The cubs could easily go 3-3 on the road...

At this point, I think all of us would gladly take a "playoff" game in Chicago

Brewers could easily go 4-2 and home, cubs are gonna have to face Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo. So brewers win tomorrow, cubs loose its 1.5 again. Monday's game would be the biggest game of the year. If the brewers win that 1.0 back, brewers would still be in it. Season isnt over yet but it is close. Must win game tomorrow.

Not so fast my friend.

If both teams win or both teams lose tomorrow, and the brewers win monday, they are 2 back with 6 to play.

5-1 at home is unlikely but not impossible. The cubs could easily go 3-3 on the road...

At this point, I think all of us would gladly take a "playoff" game in Chicago

I realize that, but that isn't what I said. I said the Brewers MUST WIN tomorrow and the Cubs MUST LOSE. That then makes the deficit 1.5 again after tomorrow with the Brewers having a chance to cut it to 1 game on Monday. Of course it does nothing for both teams to win or both to lose tomorrow.

I've got a really good feeling about Capuano tomorrow. After that, the Brewers get to face (at home) a Cardinal team who has basically given up on the year, and then San Diego. The tough thing about San Diego is A) it's 4 games against a team fighting for a playoff spot, and B) they will have to face Maddux, Young, and maybe Peavy on Sunday. Yikes. Still, the way this team plays at home, I'm not ruling anything out. I have a ton of confidence that they can get the job done. Never lose hope!

I know exactly what you said, and i disagree. You are saying the brewers MUST make up 1 game in the standings after tomorrow, and I dont think so. They are still alive if they are still 2.5 games back after tomorrow. Monday is 100% a must-win game.

I know exactly what you said, and i disagree. You are saying the brewers MUST make up 1 game in the standings after tomorrow, and I dont think so. They are still alive if they are still 2.5 games back after tomorrow. Monday is 100% a must-win game.

I realized what you were getting at after I re read your post. Obviously they would still have a chance but it would be VERY VERY slim IMO. To be completely honest with you, if they are a mere 1 game back with 6 to play, I'd almost feel like they were in the drivers seat even though they would be the team still 1 game back. Like I said earlier, I'd certainly take my chances with that scenario.

Slim, absolutely. 1 game back after Monday would be great. I'm with you on both of those things.

I just think there is about a 2% the cubs lose tomorrow. I know they play against T-Gord, but the cubs are rolling at home, and this is their last home game at Wrigley this year. The crowd is gonna be rockin, big fat Z is going to be pumped up, and they should crush this pirates team that is HORRIBLE on the road, especially of late.

And since the Cubs in my mind are going to win tomorrow, I can't bring myself to think that if we win tomorrow and Monday and are 2 games back, that the season is done... That was my whole point.

The next 2 days WILL decide if they even have a chance though.....

I just think there is about a 2% the cubs lose tomorrow.

Let's not get crazy now. It's more like 55%-60%. If you think it's 2%, you will make a lot of money in Vegas tomorrow.

If the Brewers win tomorrow and the Cubs lose, we are looking at about a 1 in 5 shot at the playoffs. Anything less and the chances are very bad.

Although Saturday's loss still feels brutal to me, I said coming into this weekend, that if we got through it 1.5 out, I like our chances. I'll keep rooting if we're out further, but anything more than 1.5 going into Monday, I think is pretty much unsurmountable.

They've played two tough, grinding games. Let's hope they aren't deflated tomorrow.

I await all the angry Cub fans that say the Cardinals are letting the Brewers win when we win the series.

well it's not like this board hasn't spent the past 6 days accusing the Cubs opposing teams of the same thing. Trust me, I think all fans know the Cardinals aren't losing because of a lack of effort but more because of half of the team going to the DL.

Although Saturday's loss still feels brutal to me, I said coming into this weekend, that if we got through it 1.5 out, I like our chances. I'll keep rooting if we're out further, but anything more than 1.5 going into Monday, I think is pretty much unsurmountable.

Yeah, I felt the same...I was also really hoping it wouldn't come down to Sunday. It really stinks that now we have to hope Pittsburgh can pull one out and we win, too. I think even if that somehow occurs, Monday is pretty much a must-win...really, I don't think they can lose more than one more this season.

Saturday's and Wednesday's losses are just brutal right now.

I had an impending sense of doom while at work after finding out about the events of Saturday's game, but once I got home for some reason I still feel confident in rooting for the team.

Yes, the chips our down and our chances for making the playoffs are slipping away quickly, but after throwing my support behind the team fully for 154 games I'm not going to quit just yet. This is the kind of season we've all wanted, to have the last week of games actually matter. I'm going to go into it with the mentality of enjoying it and hoping for the best. If things go well, this could be one of the best weeks of our lives. If it doesn't, nothing lost. Like the say, no pain, no gain. :D

Capuano and Gorzelanny, I believe in both of you. Get it done.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

This is my attempt at Capuano mojo. I made this when Cappy was an 18 game winner.

... and yes, if Capuano gets the W tomorrow, I will change my av depending on the starting pitcher for each day. Superstition must be followed. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I am sorry but the Brewers played there heart out against two of the Braves best Pitchers . Tommorow and Mon game mean nothing brewers are not going to make up this The cubs are playing to good ball

So if the Brewers are 1 game out after Monday you wouldn't care? Becuase somehow you know the Cubs wil continue to play great and the Brewers won't be able to play great.It'd be nice if you could just keep your pessimistic comments about the Brewers and them not being good out of threads for once.

Archived