Brewer Fanatic

9/22/07 Pirates (Duke) at Cubs (Hill), Noon Central

Mass Haas
SeriesFinale, you just nailed why I hate Ramirez so much. Every home run he tosses the bat, does a little dance and watches his home run half way down the first base line.

My Ramirez hate actually predates him being traded to the Cubs, back to when he charged Big Ben on the mound in 2002. He's always been pretty immature and arrogant.

Say what you will about Braun's occasional flips and stares, but he has a way to go to match A-Ram.

I will say that despite Ramirez, Zambrano, and now Soriano being there, I hate this Cubs team much less than I did the 2003 squad, which also had Sosa, Alou, and Prior, a bunch of cocky whiners that made them extremely easy to despise.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cubs are hitting alot of everything right now. This is just something to watch, talk about another unbelievable stretch of games for the Cubs.

Against some crummy teams.

That said, there are any of a dozen or so winnable games for the Brewers we can look back at and think we wouldn't have had to rely on the Pittsburgh freaking Pirates if the Crew had picked them up at the time.

Looking at the schedule for the Cubs, there all against crappy teams, there would have to be a miracle for them to lose the division thanks to the Marlins/Redss

just a few weeks ago the Brewers were playing a light schedule while the Cubs got rough. If there is one thing any fan of either team should know right now it is that the Cubs and Brewers had very similar schedules. They have only themselves to blame and they've both had plenty of chances so it is rather pathetic to search for such reasons from either side as to why any team is where they are currently.

Fact of the matter is both of these teams have been playing very good ball to make this quite the race, don't let emotions blind you of this.

It does suck the Cubs keep winning.. but think how much sweeter it will be when the Brewers earn the division title instead of being handed it..

Though I would not have complained about a handout this weekend.
I don't know I think I'd be quite content with the Cubs folding miserably over the next week.

The Pirates are so freaking useless. They've cashed in the season. My only hope is that they can salvage one tommorow, with Gorzelanny, especially considering how Zambrano struggles against Pittsburgh, but I'm not counting on it. We need to keep winning and pray, that's about it. We need to treat every game like we can't lose one more.

It does suck the Cubs keep winning.. but think how much sweeter it will be when the Brewers earn the division title instead of being handed it..

Though I would not have complained about a handout this weekend.

it's basically setting up to where whichever team makes it, they deserve to be there no questions asked. A few weeks ago everyone was saying the Brewers wouldn't even be in this during the final weeks because of their youth and the Cardinals were the possible favorites, but here the Brewers are giving away no ground to the finish. That speaks volumes as to what to expect from these players as they continue to have more pieces added to the mix, and that is something to look forward to including the possible postseason this year.

Archived