Brewer Fanatic

9/22/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Atlanta (Smoltz) 2:55 CDT

ELCABALLO45
What bugs me even more about he Brewers losing is reading some of the NSBB board and realizing they're almost exactly the same as us over here at bf.net, we're just rooting for different teams. It hurts to see them be joyous at our loss, but then I realize we do the exact same thing after on of theirs.
Yeah, most of those guys aren't bad dudes, I don't really begrudge them. It's the idiot drunk loudmouth Cubs bandwaggoners (ie, the majority of the Cubs' fanbase) at MP that makes me sick to think about.

Exactly. I actually enjoy reading the posts over at NSBB, most of them are alright it seems, just fans of another team, unfortunately it's the Cubs. It's just those Cubs fans that come to MP, beat the Brewers then tell me when I'm walking to my car that the Brewers aren't good (family version). Yet for the most part it's the people who do this that can't name all 25 players on their roster or tell me who they lost to the last time they were in the playoffs.

It's really not a bad read over there and we would be making the same sort of posts they are right now if we were up 2.5 with a week to go, especially if they lost in the fashion that we had to today.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody look at McClung when he's pitching and think "I wonder if he ever has a plan out there?". Seems like he gets the ball, varies the pause in his delivery every pitch, and just looks like he's tossing to the catcher with no gameplan at all. I don't know, maybe it's because he hits 98 on the gun effortlessly, but I always wonder what's going through his head when he's out there. It's an odd feeling for me, for sure.

I'm not blaming the loss on him or anything, just wondering if anybody else feels weird when he's pitching.

According to fangraphs.com

Win prob prior to Counsell's bunt attempt - 88.3%
Win prob after Counsell - 83.1%
Not much change and still well above 50%.

Win prob at Cordero's appearance - 95.1%
Win prob after Cordero - 46.3%

To place the blame on Yost for this one is strecthing it this time. The player's need to be held accountable for this one.

A lot about yesterday has rankled me (Hall bunt SO, Counsell, Cordero, Weeks)... but what has my britches in the biggest bunch is that Hart check-swing strike out: how the first base ump called him out based on the catcher's appeal alone. The catcher always makes the obligatory point gesture, and ONLY if it's warranted does the homeplate umpire take the suggestion and point to his colleague - deferring the call. That 1st base took the liberty of making the call himself, with no authority to do so.

Yesterday's loss was a tumor I need to cut out of myself. This place is helpful.

Misery loves company, right?

Archived