Brewer Fanatic

9/22/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Atlanta (Smoltz) 2:55 CDT

ELCABALLO45

well, Cordero was due for a blown save (I didn't think it'd be a homer from a .218 hitting PHer), and we all know what Rickie's defense has been like the last month.

the bunt call is a non-issue. They just didn't execute in that bottom of 10th inning, top of 11th, and bottom of 11th (with the pitching we had left, though, it was not a surprise.)

well, I'm done for today. Go Badgers!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its always Yosts fault. LOL! Its fun to read but just silly to think like that. I have no idea if Yost people just dont like to look at what happens in the game or if the players are just Yosts puppets and he didnt control them correctly. I get mad from losing and especially like this but to blame Yost all the time is just hilarious. Please blame a player for once when you get mad and stop taking the easy way out.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they lost the division....but to the Cubs?? That's what hurts the most. The freaking mediocre talented Cubs. The horseshoe up their arses since September started Cubs. The no HR hitting all season but have hit 36 in 22 days in September Cubs. Yes, those incredibly LUCKY Cubs.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they lost the division....but to the Cubs?? That's what hurts the most. The freaking mediocre talented Cubs. The horseshoe up their arses since September started Cubs. The no HR hitting all season but have hit 36 in 22 days in September Cubs. Yes, those incredibly LUCKY Cubs.

On the plus side, it would be enjoyable to see who or what "the next Bartman" will be.

If you were going to make a closing argument as to why the Brewers don't deserve a playoff spot this season, you wouldn't have to say a word. Just roll the tape of innings 10 and 11, then rest.

It ain't over, but given the matchups you you'd have to say the Brewers have maybe 1 loss left to play with. Otherwise you gotta run the table and pray. Having lived in South Florida I can assure you that the three games there will be like home games for the Cubs. Maybe ther Reds will bow up their backs, but you have to figure that the Cubs have at worst 4 wins in them, which would put the Brewers elimination number at 2.

What I'm dreading the most:

seeing Cubs fans strolling around town/school wearing their Division Championship garb, talking smack to me. I hope their October is brief and depressing.

It's not like the Cubs deserve to win the division. Sad thing is, they didn't Earn it, they have had more lucky breaks then any team in recent memory. I am fully confident this has PO'd the baseball gods, and they will pay for it in the playoffs, and it will be absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world. Go ahead, make the playoffs Cubs. A lot of good it will do you when you lose the first series and get to go home with everyone else anyway. Was it really worth it Cubs fans?? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eyes.gif

seeing Cubs fans strolling around town/school wearing their Division Championship garb, talking smack to me. I hope their October is brief and depressing.

Maybe it's just because I've come to realize the season is pretty much done, but I'm almost positive I've seen more Cubs apparel the last couple days than the first few weeks of the semester (at UW-L).

What bugs me even more about he Brewers losing is reading some of the NSBB board and realizing they're almost exactly the same as us over here at bf.net, we're just rooting for different teams. It hurts to see them be joyous at our loss, but then I realize we do the exact same thing after on of theirs.

It's not like the Cubs deserve to win the division. Sad thing is, they didn't Earn it, they have had more lucky breaks then any team in recent memory. I am fully confident this has PO'd the baseball gods, and they will pay for it in the playoffs, and it will be absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world. Go ahead, make the playoffs Cubs. A lot of good it will do you when you lose the first series and get to go home with everyone else anyway. Was it really worth it Cubs fans?? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eyes.gif

They have been playing very well the last couple weeks, granted against pretty bad teams. That still doesn't mean they deserve it less than the Brewers. Soriano/Ramirez are starting to get hot, I'm afraid of them winning in the playoffs now http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

Unfortunately that might have been the end. It would have been great to get the win tonight, and get Cappy his first win since May tomorrow, things really would have been looking up. Barring the Cubs losing their next 5, I really think it might be done. I hate to say it, but we had it today and couldn't finish. Yo kept them in it against Smoltz, JJ came up big, Corey puts us ahead in extras and Cordero blows one at the worst possible time. I don't care who was pitching in the 11th, after that Weeks error, Texiera at the very least was getting atleast moving a runner to third with one out, it is what it is, the game should have been over by that point and or there should have been no one on base because of the nonexistent Weeks double play.

Well I'm going to watch the Badgers, then probably cry myself to sleep knowing we're 2.5 back and it looks the dream might be over for this year.

This loss falls mostly on my favorite player, Rickie and Cordero.

However, Yost made one idiotic move and that was to try to bunt Counsell three straight times and just give an out. Worst case scenario should have him swinging away. the best case scenario would have been Joe Dillon.

I reeeally enjoyed gloating about the Brewers in April and May. I guess I really didn't appreciate the awesomeness of an 8.5 game lead. It just sucks because I was looking forward to buying a division championship shirt and hat, along with the playoff program, ticket, etc. I was looking forward to atmosphere at MP (the crowd, electricity, playoffs logo painted on the grass).

In all likelihood, a 7-0 homestand is necessary to win this thing. RIP 2007 Brewers. Thanks for the fun.

What bugs me even more about he Brewers losing is reading some of the NSBB board and realizing they're almost exactly the same as us over here at bf.net, we're just rooting for different teams. It hurts to see them be joyous at our loss, but then I realize we do the exact same thing after on of theirs.

Yeah, most of those guys aren't bad dudes, I don't really begrudge them. It's the idiot drunk loudmouth Cubs bandwaggoners (ie, the majority of the Cubs' fanbase) at MP that makes me sick to think about.

What can ya say? At least they seem like they're informed Cubs fans over there, not the ones that go gah-gah over infield pop-ups. I can't get too upset about good baseball fans, even if they cheer for the team who shall not be named.

A lot of good it will do you when you lose the first series and get to go home with everyone else anyway. Was it really worth it Cubs fans??

I get your basic sentiment, brewcrewin07, but if the Brewers' and cubs' positions were reversed, I would consider even a brief stint in the playoffs totally worthwhile, simply by way of the Brewers finishing ahead of the cubs. I shudder to imagine the swagger and the overall crap their fans will bring to Miller Park next year - despite the fact that whoever wins this division will have basically backed into it.

In the silver lining category, bucks2281's post reminded me that I still have a cubs hat that was in the lost-and-found of my workplace last fall. I think I'll take a scissors to it once the season ends. It might make me feel a little better.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

They have been playing very well the last couple weeks, granted against pretty bad teams. That still doesn't mean they deserve it less than the Brewers. Soriano/Ramirez are starting to get hot, I'm afraid of them winning in the playoffs now http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

I know a guy that says that the world will end when the Cubs win the World Series and Notre Dame goes winless. Unfortunately, the stars are starting to align. Throw out the Cubs record. They're playing stellar baseball. True, they're going to be the #3 seed, but that's only a result of their play up to mid-June. They have a fighting chance to win the pennant. We'll just have to hope for Bartman II.

Archived