Brewer Fanatic

9/22/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Atlanta (Smoltz) 2:55 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Badgers start at 7:13 CDT, if you want to be precise.

I had to leave right after JJ's homerun. How would you summarize the happenings since (since I missed it all)?

Typical~

Hart hit a go ahead HR, Yost made some poor choices, we failed to execute with RISP and Cordero gave up a solo HR in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game.

I had to leave right after JJ's homerun. How would you summarize the happenings since (since I missed it all)?

Umm let's see Gallardo cruised through the 7th, Turnbow was brought in and walked the first guy (shock) but Ned quickly took him out, Hart hit a homer and then Coco gave up a homer with 2 outs in the 10th. That's basically it.

If we lose, Yost costed us the season when he had Counsell up against a lefty in the 10th, with Dillon and Mench on the bench, and to top it off, had him bunt with 1st and 3rd, 1 out, and TWO strikes. That was the turning point.

Counsell is bad enough without putting him at a lefty/lefty disadvantage.

Typical~

Hart hit a go ahead HR, Yost made some poor choices, we failed to execute with RISP and Cordero gave up a solo HR in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game.

The Counsell bunt was the only question mark, but we should reserve judgment until after the game. Counsell is a good enough bunter to have called that on his own...even with two strikes.

Archived