Brewer Fanatic

9/22/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Atlanta (Smoltz) 2:55 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so are the FOX guys ripping him/questioning him for his logic on the bunt? Who's doing that game anyways?

No, they seemed to think it was a good idea. The first and third attempts were just awful and the second strike was way inside. I don't remember if they questioned going for it with two strikes (although we all did).

Girardi and Lewin are doing the game. They're ok. Actually, Girardi really brings a lot of insight.

You generally never bunt with 2 strikes with anyone besides a pitcher. It's pretty common knowledge. You especially don't do it with runners on 1st and 3rd and 1 out when you badly need an insurance run.

Honestly it made no sense that Counsell was even up there with Mench and Dillon both on the bench.

We may win this game, but Yost is generally a horrible in-game manager from what I've seen in the last 2 months. I'm sorry, but it just seems like there's multiple calls every game that you can just rip apart.

Did Yost really call for a position player to bunt with 2 strikes?

He never ceases to amaze me.

For the second time today.

and both failed miserably

Well the results are really secondary. It's an intrinsically dopey call, especially when you have one of your gritty battlers at the plate who can foul off 15 pitches with defensive swing, and get the effect of a bunt by accident. I don't find it completely moronic strategically (I would have went in another direction though) up until 2 strikes, but beyond that point, it's just inexplicable.

Archived