Brewer Fanatic

Dan Wheeler to D-Rays, Wigginton to Astros

brettac1

Drays also trade Jorge Cantu to the Reds. Speaking of the Reds, Griffey is not in their lineup tonight, and Matt Murton was just pulled from the Cubs lineup.

Griffey better NOT be going to the Cubs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

This deal just dosen't make sense to me.

I do like the D-Rays getting Wheeler, depending on how long they would control his baseball rights.

I don't like the deal from Houstons perspective. Wigginton is a guy that IMO is basically a platoon player. Houston has Loretta / Lamb / Ensberg, someone is going to have to get moved for this to make any sense. Even then I would think that Houston would have been better served to get the best package of prospects that you could.

"I don't like the deal from Houstons perspective. Wigginton is a guy that IMO is basically a platoon player. "

Well, then you haven't been paying attention to the Rays-

Wiggy has been their MVP this year-

I can't believe they're letting him go-

Archived