Brewer Fanatic

9/21 1:30PM Pirates AT Cubs GT

adamb100
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think i would rather see the brewers finish in last place and someone other than the cubs win the central instead of the cubs winning the central and the brewers finishing 2nd. i never thought i could hate a team as much as i hate the chicago cubs.

I have had enough of this BS. The Cubs have had a horseshoe up their you know what's for the past week and a half now. This is so unbelievably disgusting it's nauseating. Since Cubs fans will be reading this, I will recap for them just how they have gotten all the breaks lately.

Wednesday, September 12th @ Houston- Cubs lead 3-1 entering the 9th Astros get 1 back on a run scoring Triple by Mike Lamb with 0 out. With the score 3-2 and the tying run on 3rd, the Cubs get a lame groundout to the left side of the infield that doesn't score the run. A Walk to Palmiero puts runners on 1st and 3rd. Dempster then proceeds to get a ground ball that is bobbled but recovered in time to turn the game ending DP. If Munson beats the throw, the game is tied and the outcome could've been completely different. No, it was not just making good pitches from Dempster, it was a VERY fortuitous bounce that the bobble was recovered just in time to turn the DP. Cubs win 3-2.

Friday, September 14th @STL- StL trails 2-1 in the top of the 9th. Jason Isringhausen enters the game with the bases loaded and Daryl Ward PH. Isringhausen makes 1 mistake and Ward clears the bases with a Triple to put the Cubs up 5-1. Prior to this game Izzy had only allowed 2 ER in his last 10 appearances. Cardinals get two HR's in the bottom of the 9th that would've been the game winner(s). The Cards then proceed to load the bases with two outs trailing 5-3 and Aaron Miles in a key spot swings at the 1st pitch and grounds out to end the game. Thanks Aaron!! Cubs win 5-3.

Saturday, September 15th @ STL- 1st game of a DH. Braden Looper absolutely baffled the Cubs for 7 innings. Leaving the game having retired 17 straight. Cards up 2-1 going to the 8th. Ryan Franklin comes in for the Cards and Walks Cliff Floyd(after a VERY questionable pitch called for Ball 3). He goes 3-2 to Alfonso Soriano, and then serves up a 2 run homer. After being baffled all game long by Looper, they hit one pitch and win the game 3-2.

Wednesday September 19th vs. Cincy-maybe the turning point of the season. Reds Cubs tied 2-2 and the Reds have a Norris Hopper on 2nd and two out. Encarnacion hits a pretty soft single to Left and the Reds inexplicable send Hopper around to try to score. Soriano makes perhaps the easiest throw to home he'll ever make the rest of his career to get Hopper by 50 ft at home. Of course, the Cubs score next inning and win the game 3-2.

It's the Cubs year apparently because they aren't NEARLY as talented as the Brewers, yet they will probably win the division and go to the post season thanks in large part to a lot of fortuitous bounces the last couple of months.

It's the Cubs year apparently because they aren't NEARLY as talented as the Brewers, yet they will probably win the division and go to the post season thanks in large part to a lot of fortuitous bounces the last couple of months.

And do to the Brewers inadequacy of being able to beat bad teams BrewCrewin. Be Realistic when we started off hot we won multiple games by 1 run. The cubs have just merely played a little better than they possibly can and breaks go both ways. I believe to start that rally for houston when dempster got the GIDP to end the game. The Astros lead off hit hit the base and flew over Derek Lee's head. Is that a break for the cubs? Otherwise the Astros get a triple 1 out then the ground out and the dp isn't even needed... see my point the cubs have stepped up lately and the brewers have merely blown games against bad pitchers of late causing us to be down 2 games right now and with Hudson on the mound it'll probably be 2.5 after tonight.

Archived