Brewer Fanatic

9/21/2007 Milwaukee (Villanueva) at Atlanta (Hudson) 6:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was anyone else watching ESPN and annoyed that the announcers were claiming that cordero just recently added this 'breaking ball' (slider)...they were acting like he has not been throwing that pitch all year long and maddux got him to add it recently. I suppose its probably one of the few times they have seen the brewers play this season.......but seriously, can't they do a little bit more research before making completely false statements?

Just got back from the bar here in SF on my way to din-din

WOW (I've had a few)

Best game I've actually gotten to watch from the Brew Crew all year, live or televised--that includes the MP blowuts against the Giants

I love this team, regardless of what happens (I've got love for Bobby Cox, too)

I think I'm going to have to take some credit for this win because after the 7th ended I thought to myself what can I do to change the mojo of the Crew? I decided that ESPN must be trying to hold us down so I switched to FSN and bang 3 runs and several clutch hits. This was a big sacrifice for me because I was watching in HD on ESPN. Don't know what I'll do tommorow, hopefully FOX doesn't have an agenda against us too.

Seriously though, this win was huge and saved any shot we have of taking the division. All we need is the Cubs to lose one game the rest of the way and our season is in our hands. Hopefully Yo can keep it going tommorow and Cappy will remember how to win on Sunday. Huge performance from Villanueva, Corey Hart, and the Bullpen.

For all the Yost hate that I have given through the season, tonight Ned actually outmanaged his mentor. Bringing in Dillon, Leaving in Bill Hall, very nice work tonight Nedly.

On top of the great result, even when we were getting skunked, we weren't hitting the ball poorly at all. Admittedly, I missed the 6th and 7th innings, but through the first 5, the Brewers were hitting the ball hard, for the most part. They just happened to be right at the defenders or a Brave would make a great play.

After watching this game, all I can come up with to sum up the mentality of this Brewers team is one word: PRIDE. They showed a lot of it tonight. The resiliency they showed, the way they battled back against a dominating pitcher, and the way the pitching game through for us in the clutch...all positive signs. The kids really want this badly and I'm proud to be a Brewers fan tonight regardless of what happens in these last 9 games.

Very impressive comeback tonight. I'm glad neither of us is making it easy--that's the way a great division race is born. Last night though, against Hudson in that 8th innings with two outs--those three hits in a row were so huge. Hard for anyone not to be impressed with that display of clutching it up. The team showed the county a lot in that inning.

This game reminded me a lot of the game in Detroit after the no-hitter. It looked like we were absolutely dead and buried. Then somehow out of nowhere, we manage to show life and stun everyone.

Yep. The best part about this win (well, maybe not the best) was how un-2007 Brewers-like it was.

Archived