Brewer Fanatic

9/21/2007 Milwaukee (Villanueva) at Atlanta (Hudson) 6:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey the Brewers can do something similar to the Tomahawk Chop. Let's have a drink everytime a Brewer gets a hit!

We already do that, don't we?

Well yeah but I'm talking about getting the kids involved too.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

This braves lineup is just good. They should be better then they are! I had them winning the wildcard at the begging of the year.

Well, scoring runs hasn't been their problem. If they had found another starting pitcher, they'd be running away from the Mets and Phils. Of course, they'd look pretty good in the NL Central as well. And they are a few games under what their runs scored and allowed would predict.

Tonight's bigtime players:

Hart, obviously. Just a huge clutch hit. That swung the momentum. I'm not sure we come back if Hart doesn't get it done there. Hart saved our season, for now.

I'm going to also give some major kudos to Turnbow. Got us through the heart of the tough Braves order, we absolutely needed the good Turnbow tonight, and we got him. He, tonight, was a clutch setup man, and that was good to see.

And definitely tonights unsung hero:

Villanueva. Another amazing outing. Was matched up with Hudson, didn't get any run support, and still wasn't fazed against some very tough hitters. From his performance as a starter in a September pennant race, you wouldn't think there's anyway he is a 23 year old and basically still a rookie, because him and Gallardo have been THE pitchers to step up in September. He'll never be in long relief again. He's our starter.

I've almost forgotten how come-from-behind looks. Nice win considering they faced Hudson in particular...Linebrink after vulturing that win should buy Villaneuva a steak for his efforts.

By the way, this Corey Hart fella can play.

And Rasputin had nothing on the '07 Crew. Though I suppose it's impolite to remember that Rasputin did in fact die in the end.

I can't tell you how much I am shaking with excitement with a big win like this. Hope this springboards us to winning the next 2 before we go home and win 6 of 7 (or better).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived