ELCABALLO45

Ok.. lets get this one?

It will be... This STUD..

Carlos Villanueva (8-4; 4.11 ERA)

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2007/03/13/lg7PC9Tl.jpg

vs.

Tim Hudson (16-8; 3.33 ERA)

http://onlineathens.com/images/100605/22696_512.jpg

Well.. This will make the sCrUB fans happy, must be nice to play the Pirates,Marlins and Reds http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/glasses.gif

GO BREWERS!!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will make the sCrUB fans happy, must be nice to play the Pirates,Marlins and Reds

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if the whining subset of cub nation would cut it out.

Well, Carlos, here's your latest opportunity to show the world why it was cool, and not dorky, of me to buy and proudly wear your jersey tee. I will root for you.

(and let's go Bucs!)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Tomorrow's matchup is off the charts.

Yeah although Smoltz > Hudson >> Bennett does not bode well for us.

I'd say that the Brewers "must win" at least two of the next three to stay within striking distance.

I wonder if it will help the Brewers to know going into this game if the Cubs lost. I would hope if the Pirates win their day game today, and the Brewers are only one back, that would give them an extra boost, of course the Cubs winning could have a discouraging effect as well. I would say if the Cubs win this afternoon we "super-must win" 2 out 3 weekend games.

While "must-win" should usually be saved for elimination only type games, in the case of baseball and pennant races, the second place team is counting on the first place team to lose. I think today is a must win game, unless the Cubs lose. 2 1/2 out will be too much to overcome, IMO of course.

The nice thing about the season is that the Brewers finish at home, where they are superb, and the Cubs finish on the road, where they are around 500 if I remember correctly. The Cardinals showed last night that they've given up on the season, so the games against them next week should be winnable.

I have an irrationally high amount of confidence in CV the younger (see: avatar, lol). Lets hope the offense can put up more than one measly run for him.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

If you run into chat room trouble tonight, please post to this thread:

Chat room issues?

There's no problem, of course, if you mention your problem here, but your post is more likely to be seen by a mod if you use the other thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Today's odds:

PIT (Maholm) +205

@ CHC (Marquis) -235

MIL (Villanueva) +135

@ ATL (Hudson) -160

Brewers gain one game 13%

No change 46%

Brewers lose one game 41% http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif

Brewers lineup and comments from JSOnline,

Yost sticks with match-ups

By Tom Haudricourt
Friday, Sep 21 2007, 02:24 PM

Atlanta - Manager Ned Yost might not be a slave to match-up numbers but he is at the very least an obedient servant to them.

Because second baseman Rickie Weeks is 0 for 8 for his career against Atlanta's Tim Hudson, he's not in the lineup tonight. Instead, Yost is going with Craig Counsell, who is 6 for 17 (.353) against Hudson.

Apparently, Yost favors career match-ups over what a player is doing at present. Weeks hit homers in each of the last three games.

The match-ups got Bill Hall back in the lineup, however. Hall, who has not been starting of late, is back in center field because he is 6 for 13 (.462) against Hudson.

If match-ups are so important, you have to wonder why Lance Nix isn't playing. He also is 6 for 13 lifetime against Hudson.

Here's the lineup:

2B Craig Counsell

SS J.J. Hardy

3B Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

RF Corey Hart

LF Geoff Jenkins

C Johnny Estrada

CF Bill Hall

RHP Carlos Villanueva

Hardy's been nursing injury/ies, and it's much more important to get as much out of him as possible at this point in the year. Unfortunately, that means some off days for him, and a downgrade to our offense. On the bright side, Counsell now can't be inserted to take away and at-bat (or at-bats) from Braun now.

http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif

C'mon Crew - keep hope alive. I believe!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived