Brewer Fanatic

Good luck, Brewers

Houston1962

I'm a life long Astros fan and it's been a hideous season for my team. That said, I've been an admirer of what the Brewers have been building for the last several years and see some similarities to the Houston teams of the late 90s--real good young players and some good veteran leadership. I like Yost, too.

My hats off to the Brewers for their run this year and I'll be pulling for them to stick it to the Cubs. Best wishes to Milwaukee's finest!

Jusr curoius are the Cubs as hated in Houston as they are in Milwaukee and St Louis? Always wondered who the Astros felt was their most hated rival. Figured it would be either St Louis or the Cubs.

Either way thanks for dropping by.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Houston fans who know what the hell they're talking about (a minority) dislike the Cubs above any other franchise, with the possible exception of the Mets and the Braves. Mostly, it's a dislike of idiot band wagon fans of these teams. Houston is a city full of transplants from other places, and fat, stupid, ugly, and drunk Cubs fans certainly turn out at Astros home games. The difference now is that Houston has become much more of a baseball town in the last five or so years, so you actually see quite a bit of fans wearing hometown gear and giving it back to the Cubs transplants.

Milwaukee was damn impressive to me this season, with the latest series with Houston a good example. They played like a team with a mission and almost pulled off the sweep. I think the media is chomping at the bits to crown Chicago, but the Brewers don't have any quit in them. Just hope the pitching holds and Sheets gets healthy.

Houston fans who know what the hell they're talking about (a minority) dislike the Cubs above any other franchise, with the possible exception of the Mets and the Braves. Mostly, it's a dislike of idiot band wagon fans of these teams. Houston is a city full of transplants from other places, and fat, stupid, ugly, and drunk Cubs fans certainly turn out at Astros home games. The difference now is that Houston has become much more of a baseball town in the last five or so years, so you actually see quite a bit of fans wearing hometown gear and giving it back to the Cubs transplants.

Milwaukee was damn impressive to me this season, with the latest series with Houston a good example. They played like a team with a mission and almost pulled off the sweep. I think the media is chomping at the bits to crown Chicago, but the Brewers don't have any quit in them. Just hope the pitching holds and Sheets gets healthy.

This post makes me want to throw on one of those multi-colored orange jerseys and change my name to Mike Scott!!! Way to call the bangwagon yuppie frat boy Cubs fans out for what they are!!!

Pence is an adventure in the outfield and his kiss of the wall the other night would have been a career ender at Wrigley. Speaking of Wrigley, do you know what a fat woman and a brick have in common?

They'll both eventually get layed by a Cubs fan.

Go Brewers.

Pence is an adventure in the outfield and his kiss of the wall the other night would have been a career ender at Wrigley.

I've really enjoyed watching that kid play this year. He just has that fire burning inside of him.

Hopefully next year he learns how to use the warning track - that could have been really bad.

billyhallfan[/b]]thanks for the kind words houston1962, i've liked a lot of the astros players for a while, biggio is one of my favorite players of all time. And i got really worried after pence hit the wall last night, because he is a fun player to watch.

Houston is my second favorite team and has been for a long long time. Makes it a little weird since the Crew is of course my favorite. I'm with BHF on the Biggio thing. After me acting like a nervous little kid getting his autograph a couple weeks ago, BHF knows how I feel about him. Pence should be a good one. I like watching him play, even though he looks awkward in everything he does. Hopefully Houston rebounds quickly to finish 2nd behind the Crew for many years to come.

I have a 9 year old son and Biggio is one of his favorite players. He's one of those guys that I could always point to and tell my son "Watch that guy. That's how the game is supposed to be played."

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I have a 9 year old son and Biggio is one of his favorite players. He's one of those guys that I could always point to and tell me son "Watch that guy. That's how the game is supposed to be played."

Jim Deshaies, color guy on the Houston broadcasts, made an interesting comment about Biggio a couple of weeks ago--something along the lines of, "A guy like Biggio is good for baseball in the sense that players in general, not just on his own team, benefit from watching him play and the way he approaches the game. You need guys in the league like him for coaches to tell young players that is the way you should play." Same thing could be said for Robin Yount--didn't have an ounce of hot dog in him, and he showed up to play every day. Those kind of guys are what the sport needs.

Same thing could be said for Robin Yount--didn't have an ounce of hot dog in him...

Except when he gets on a motorcycle. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived