Brewer Fanatic

Pujols might be done for season

1Badgerfan

I can see it now... Zambrano when asked about the Cardinals moves, specifically being without their top HR hitters Duncan and now Pujols.

"That ticks us off," Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano said of the situation, "but you can't help injury situations. I always thought that Duncan had no balls, and I'm glad he's getting that fixed. God bless him and his family.

"I don't understand the Albert Pujols deal, but at the same time, I'm not going to question the Cardinals trainer. With all the guys hurt on that team it's really his team, and they can do what they want to do.

"At the same time, you'd like everybody to play their guys. Pittsbutgh was eliminated from the Wild Card in April, and they're playing their hearts out, and that's what you want everybody to do.

"I don't think when we go to Pittsburgh, they'll say, 'Hey, you all need to win, so we'll sit ..." and Zambrano paused. After a moment of recollection he finished his thought, "Well they sit whoever they sent to the All Star game. That had to send someone there didn't they. "

Piniella resisted the urge to comment on the injury, instead asking reporters what LaRussa said about the Mariners job.

(To prevent confusion I'll add disclaimer -- this quot was fictional and was a paraphrase of cliff floyd's comments regarding the Astros pitching rotation)

To push the best hitter in the NL anymore would be silly. The Cards have nothing left to play for, so shutting him down is the only responsible decision. If Cubs "fans" or players want to complain, it's just some luck for the Brewers. Kinda like how the Cubs are lucky to have an easier schedule than us for the rest of the season.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived