Brewer Fanatic

9/20/2007 Milwaukee (Suppan) at Atlanta (Bennett) 6:35 CDT

ELCABALLO45

So the Dillon groundout means nothing to you?http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

Notice how i had the "-" instead of "to", because there was an outhttp://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

ya, i'm just a moron, thanks for pointing that outhttp://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm not sure if that is a fair statement, you have your opinion and I have mine, but Suppan has pitched great over his last few starts, and I'm not about to get mad at him for having a bad outing.
Blah. The guy makes too much money to slog through games the way he does. I like his maturity and professionalism, but I could do without the nearly-endless nibbling. I expect him to pound the strike zone and pitch deep into games, and he doesn't do that.

If the Brewer defense was even average this would probably be a 0-0 game still, so its hard for me to really blame Suppan much for this.

Blah. The guy makes too much money to slog through games the way he does. I like his maturity and professionalism, but I could do without the nearly-endless nibbling. I expect him to pound the strike zone and pitch deep into games, and he doesn't do that.

Although I agree with you, hasn't Soup always been that type of pitcher? He's not overpowering and doesn't have any "out" pitch, so he's a nibbler.

Although I agree with you, hasn't Soup always been that type of pitcher? He's not overpowering and doesn't have any "out" pitch, so he's a nibbler.

indeed, whenever they signed him, no one ever expected him to strike guys out with heat, they did however expect him to get the job done, apparantly we would be better of with Bennett, but I'm not going to get mad at Soup for this one.

i'm not sure if that is a fair statement, you have your opinion and I have mine, but Suppan has pitched great over his last few starts, and I'm not about to get mad at him for having a bad outing.
If the Brewer defense was even average this would probably be a 0-0 game still, so its hard for me to really blame Suppan much for this.

If you are paying a pitcher $10 million a year you expect them to pitch through minor injuries and to be a stopper in the rotation. Seems to me we are only getting half our money's worth from Suppan (shows up every start) and Sheets (stopper when he actually pitches)..

It is pretty sad that we paid $20 mil to Sheets and Suppan and our two rookies are carrying the rotation right now.

It is amazing that the Brewers can still make the playoffs based on the above..

Give me a hell yeah if I can get a clutch hit from Miller.
Um.

That's almost funny.

Yeah I was hoping somebody would post a hell yeah because I have no confidence in Miller getting a hit of any kind in any situation.

Archived