Brewer Fanatic

9/20/2007 Milwaukee (Suppan) at Atlanta (Bennett) 6:35 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As another poster stated, if you can't get to a Jeff Bennett with this much on the line, how are you going to do with a shortened rotation (i.e. only the 3 or 4 best starters) in the playoffs?

I see what you're saying, but just because he's a rookie doesn't mean he stinks. He pitched very well tonight. The Brewers are sometimes going to have games where they can't score. It's just too bad it comes in the third to last series of the season when we need every win we can get.

And I'd be shocked if the Cubs take less than 2 or 3 this weekend vs Pittsburgh. SO, we're 1 1/2 back after tonight. We lose 2 of 3 / Cubs win 2 of 3 and we're 2 1/2 back entering next week. Not a great scenario. But anything can still happen! We could still pull this one out!!

The bunt isn't necessarily his fault, but Seth McClung is not a MLB caliber pitcher. Well, at least not good enough to be pitching in a close game in a playoff chase.

That seems to be the part I'm having the most problem with these last few games. McClung, Dillon, Stetter - Just not who got us this far, so they should only be used to rest our real players in blowouts (either way). Why would he put these guys in a position like this when they're all AA or AAA players?!

And I'd be shocked if the Cubs take less than 2 or 3 this weekend vs Pittsburgh. SO, we're 1 1/2 back after tonight. We lose 2 of 3 / Cubs win 2 of 3 and we're 2 1/2 back entering next week. Not a great scenario. But anything can still happen! We could still pull this one out!!
We lose this, and we can only lose two more if the Cubs go just 6-3 (which seems more than feasible given their schedule)...and that's just to tie.

Up a creek with a Yost for a paddle.

Now let's get something/anything going here...with that DP, it feels like we've been getting away with it all night.

If we don't come back (I hope we can!), this one is squarely on the offense. Suppan did pretty well considering this is a good Braves lineup and he struggled early.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

We lose this, and we can only lose two more if the Cubs go just 6-3 (which seems more than feasible given their schedule)...and that's just to tie.

Their schedule is easy but no where near .666 win% easy. Obviously, it wouldn't take much for them to do it but 5-4 is more likely and 4-5 is at least semi-reasonably possible.

Why would he put these guys in a position like this when they're all AA or AAA players?!

I wonder if Ned is trying to facilitate an 'unlikeliest of heroes' scenario much like the one he lived in 1982 that night in Boston.

Woah, Mitch Stetter, living the dream and making the playoffs happen. (Not to specifically target Stetter.)

That's all I've got.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived