Brewer Fanatic

Jeff Bennett called up by Braves; will start Thursday vs. Brewers

chuit11

This will be his first big league start. His only previous experience in the majors was in 2004 with the Brewers.

Jeff's career major and minor league numbers

Bennett called up, to start for Braves on Thursday

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

In July, 2005, I remember Jeff being part of a long thread involving a callup that ended up not happening. Right after that, I think he was either injured or became ill. Either way, he was placed on the DL. He was non-tendered on December 20, 2005.

Jeff Bennett Brewerfan transaction page

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I don't remember the terms of his separation from the Brewers. Is he likely to have 'something to prove' vs. his former team?

Not much here, sounds like they were willing to keep him as a minor leaguer, but had injury concerns. Atlanta must have been willing to pay more.

The Brewers did give him his first major league opportunity. I would guess he will want to prove he belongs in the majors, but does not have any particular animosity toward the Brewers.

Link doesn't seem to work...if this http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=430831 there is a link to the story there.

I was wondering why Bennett didn't get another chance with the Brewers in 2005. Our bullpen couldn't have been that much better. He didn't pitch that badly in 2004, and his numbers in Nashville in 2005 were good.

Archived