Brewer Fanatic

9/19/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Houston (Gutirrez) 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When's the last time we've won 5 in a row? I don't think we've won 4 in a row since mid-July when we swept the Dbacks. A road sweep and 5 in a row maybe tonight? I might pass out.

Correction: Last 4 in a row was July 14-17, 2 against the Rockies, 2 against the Dbacks. At least I had the timing right. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Last 5 in a row was June 18-23

I hope that Counsell getting the start tonight is not related (or indicative of significant injury) to Hardy grimacing in pain after making that great play yesterday.

I wonder what Jenkins must be thinking to have gone through all the tough years only to be benched for someone with a pedigree like Dillion. I don't object to Dillion playing, I'm just curious as to what kind of reaction someone with the ego of a professional athlete is really thinking in this situation.

I hope that Counsell getting the start tonight is not related (or indicative of significant injury) to Hardy grimacing in pain after making that great play yesterday.

I wonder what Jenkins must be thinking to have gone through all the tough years only to be benched for someone with a pedigree like Dillion. I don't object to Dillion playing, I'm just curious as to what kind of reaction someone with the ego of a professional athlete is really thinking in this situation.

I am assuming he is getting by right now by staring at his bank account a lot. Seriously he is probably steamed inside (as I am sure is Mench) but what can he do.. That is the least of my worries considering both Mench and him are gone next year...

Let's see a blowout so we can have a Laynce Nix sighting.

Brewers streak without a road sweep:

3 years, 2 months, 21 days

Please end this now!!!

is that really true, i haven't noticed that it has been so long.

Yep, the last road sweep by the Brewers was June 28th-30th, 2004, in Coors Field against the Rockies.

The Brewers opened up the first 2 days of 2005 with 2 wins at PNC against the Pirates, but I don't know if winning both games of a 2 game series is really considered a "sweep". Either way it hasn't happened in a LONG time.

I am assuming he is getting by right now by staring at his bank account a lot.

I recognize the sarcasm, but I feel bad for Jenkins. He's been on some Bad brewers teams with a capital B. I can't imagine he would trade any meaningful September start for money in the bank.

Oh well, them's the bigs, I suppose. To rip a page from the Brian Anderson book, "Dillon's been swinging a red hot bat as of late", so Yost will have to stick with him until about a month after he cools off.

According to the Journal, Hardy tweaked his groin so he'll be taking the day off, though he's available if they really really need him.
Great. We're going to have to listen to Brian Anderson talk about it.

On the bright side... it was cool of Claudio Vargas to "extend" his pregame interview to make sure Chris Capuano's nice long relief performance a few days ago got a mention.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived