Brewer Fanatic

9/19/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Houston (Gutirrez) 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'know, I'm going to take some crap for this, but this game was lost when Corey Hart popped out with the bases juiced and one out in the first. Rookie pitcher on the mound, even one run would have set a pace right away he may not have recovered from.

There are so many things in the game that one can't control, so you have to focus on the things that you can. Yost can't help it if his players don't get the job done, what he can help is putting his players in a position to win. Bringing in Turnbow doesn't do that...

Well at least our a couple of our hottest hitters in Dillon and Braun will be up. What? They've been replaced for defensive reasons? By Hardy and Jenkins? Great

(edited: forgot Counsell started, and Hardy was the defensive sub, woops, call me Ned Yost)

Turnbow didn't pitch that poorly, he is just terrible holding runners on base. He either should have started the inning or Yost should have used Cordero. But given Yost's purposeless defensive machinations Counsell has to be one of your last three hitters.

The reason we very well may lose tonight came down to Ned being Ned again, and that's why he really has to go.

If we finish in 2nd place, I fear that too many Yost supporters (a few of whom work in our front office, unfortunately) will see that our record improved, that we may very well finish with our first winning season in 15 years, and a possible attendance record after a rare playoff run, and say, "Well, Ned got us there! Give that man an extension!"

But we can't.

Because when the chips are down, and Ned needs to manage outside the box, and go against the Ned Playbook, he just can't seem to do it.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. I made up my mind after that game against the Cubs, when he left Mench in there to end the game, because That's How Ned Does Things. Tonight, he brings in Turnbow, even though the higher-leverage situation screamed for CoCoCo. NOT because we were on the road, and therefore we had to use Derrick, and then Coco....blahblahblah.

Ned doesn't have the creativity, the willingness to react to changing new situations. And it's costing us a few key games. That, of course, and the 2 2nd-half collapses...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I have tempted to post a couple of times and stopped and erased it because I am so frustrated that it doesn't really matter what I think...I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.. only if the plot was T-bow repeatedly kicking me in the groin while Linebrink laughs on.

Archived