Brewer Fanatic

9/19/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Houston (Gutirrez) 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm checking myself into a mental institution if they lose this game. They must will themselves to a victory somehow. Please Ned, use your dang bench next time you need a big hit, because neither Gross nor Estrada is the guy I want swinging away right there.

Um, Gross has been very good since coming back up from the minors.

And frankly, as much as I'm not an Estrada fan, he's a fairly solid contact hitter - I don't see much in the way of better options on the bench.

Not to diffuse the negativity, but had that grounder by Lee been hit right at someone, it's an easy double play, and Turnbow is being praised.

With that being said I still don't know why Yost decided to put him in, this whole inning was just managed poorly. Guess we'll have to make up the games in Atlanta http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/frown.gif.

ata boy BHF! there you go

I have openly said that I supported Yost, and I did, then I was on the fence, and then two or three weeks ago, i said that I was done with him, I have admitted already, more than once that I was wrong, I just wish someone would tell Ned that he is wrong.

I really don't understand why the assistant coaches in that dugout do nothing, it is ridiculous, doesn't Leyva, Seder, Maddux or Svuem see something bad coming, they have to tell Ned that it isn't going to work. That is what they are there for.

Oh man he's bringing in Turnbow with runners on.
Well Turnbow has a history of success when he pitches on consecutive days. He especially does well with runners on base

I was hoping I'd eat these words. Why is it we all see this happening, but Ned doesn't???

Yost has got to go. He may have just handed the division to the Cubs with that stupid STUPID move. Ned almost always manages by the book and it's so frustrating. Only this time, the book says Turnbow is AWFUL with runners on base and he ignores that same book he's managed by all year??

Y'know, I'm going to take some crap for this, but this game was lost when Corey Hart popped out with the bases juiced and one out in the first. Rookie pitcher on the mound, even one run would have set a pace right away he may not have recovered from.

Brian Shouse didn't cover himself in glory tonight.

And don't minimize the Cubs being away from Wrigley for their final six. That place was insane for this Reds series.

Y'know, I'm going to take some crap for this, but this game was lost when Corey Hart popped out with the bases juiced and one out in the first. Rookie pitcher on the mound, even one run would have set a pace right away he may not have recovered from.

Brian Shouse didn't cover himself in glory tonight.

And don't minimize the Cubs being away from Wrigley for their final six. That place was insane for this Reds series.

No crap from me for saying that. The only thing I have to say is that the game goes on from there. You still have to play ball, and your manager has to put the players in the best position to win. He didn't do that

I'm calling us having some guys on base then having Tony Gwynn Jr. ground out weakly to end the game, batting where Braun should have been.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived