Brewer Fanatic

9/18/2007 Milwaukee (Sheets) at Houston (Paulino) 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. i'm actually happy Vargas is gone. something just told me he still wasn't going to make it out of the 6th inning http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

oh and he did a great job tonight. but that doesn't mean i have to start having faith in him.

Sarfate stuff looks very similar to turnbow...but it seems like he has better command. Good thing we basically gave him away...

His 47 walks in 61.2 innings in AAA this year seem to indicate that he has terrible command.

When you can paint 98 mph fastball and have any sort of off speed 2nd pitch, you have the potential to have 3 good months and be an all-star. I'm just saying, from what i saw of sarfate last year and tonight, he has very similar stuff to turnbow.

so what you all concluded is that he is basically the same as turnbow........except hes much younger, so who would have more potential? hmm

Well Turnbow is 29 and Sarfate is 26 so I guess less than 3 years age difference is "much younger."

Also let's take a look at the numbers this year.

Sarfate in AAA- 4.52 ERA, 1.75 WHIP, 47 walks, 68 strikeouts in 61.2 innings

Turnbow in the majors- 4.43 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 42 walks, 82 strikeouts in 65 innings

So who would you rather have?

Archived