Brewer Fanatic

9/18/2007 Milwaukee (Sheets) at Houston (Paulino) 7:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45
All the stretching and conditioning in the world wouldn't have prevented stuff like ear infections and blisters. I still haven't seen anything to lead me to believe he's anything more than unlucky. Remember a couple years ago when everyone thought Jenkins was injury prone and Sheets was pitching through back pain without ever missing a start?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, who could have known going on three days rest was a bad idea? Oh wait...

I just don't buy that. Sheets threw like 50 pitches in his last start. This is the third time this season he's left a game with an injury. Sheets is my favorite player and I'm normally defending him, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone watching on television tell how bad it looked? I'm stuck listening to it on the radio because my family wanted something else on the T.V. tonight, and I am stuck doing homework also. Does it look like he'll miss a start because of it?

It didn't look bad. Who knows the outcome beyond tonight though.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Guys have got to step up....plain and simple. If Claudio can get through the third, we will put up atleast a 3 spot in the 4th.

Whoever brought up the point that Yost should have used Spurling or a reliever in the 2nd inning, I completly agree. Every out is crucial.....the second inning should have been pitched by a one inning pitcher.

We should be ROCKING this pitcher!!!!!!!

Just because he's a rookie doesn't mean he sucks. He's got a ~97 MPH fastball with a really nice curveball. I'd like to see us get something going eventually though!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Don't blame Benny, it's my fault.

I was playing with photoshop earlier and I created this image in anticipation of Ben Sheets being "on fire" tonight. It never fails, every time I photoshop something/someone that player gets hurt/traded/slumps. I'll just stop. Or better yet I'll do something on the Cubs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ilookback/SHEETSONFIRE1.jpg

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

It didn't look too bad at all. He was throwing warm up pitches and he kind of hopped after landing on his left leg after a pitch. He attempted to stretch it out..and ran a little bit...then he even threw another warm up pitch until Yost decided to take him out. I am assuming if this was game 7 of a playoff series..he would still be out there...but Yost didn't want to take any chances because we certainly need him for the stretch run.

phatmatt1215 wrote:

Just because he's a rookie doesn't mean he sucks. He's got a ~97 MPH fastball with a really nice curveball. I'd like to see us get something going eventually though!

Didn't the Brewers rock this guy the last time they faced him in relief?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

phatmatt1215 wrote:

Didn't the Brewers rock this guy the last time they faced him in relief?

Pitching in relief against a team is a different animal than starting if that's what you're more comfortable doing, see: Villanueva, Carlos, also Shearn, Tom.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

It didn't look too bad at all. He was throwing warm up pitches and he kind of hopped after landing on his left leg after a pitch. He attempted to stretch it out..and ran a little bit...then he even threw another warm up pitch until Yost decided to take him out. I am assuming if this was game 7 of a playoff series..he would still be out there...but Yost didn't want to take any chances because we certainly need him for the stretch run.

well documented on what happened. The only thing is your final statement: we ARE in the stretch run.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived