Brewer Fanatic

9/17/2007 Non-Brewers IGT

brewcrewkid14
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing my ears can ever hear "Go Cubs Go...Go Cubs Go...Hey, Chicago, what do you say

The Cubs are gonna win today." The after-game song at Wrigley after bullcrap wins like this one.

Brian said it best....take care of your business Brewers and hope the Cubs falter. What else can you do?

I am so freaking tired of the Cubs's luck especially this last week or so. Every bounce, and every little thing is going their way. On that triple by Ramirez, Hopper makes a diving attempt that he almost caught. he would've caught that against the Brewers. It's just so depressing. The Brewers do everything they have to do, and it looks like they are going to pull even with the Cubs who are 3 outs away from defeat and what happens?? Ughhhhh I hate to say it but it just doesn't seem to me that destiny is smiling on the Brewers and I'm afraid they are going to come up just a bit short. What really sucks about it is the Cubs have NO BUSINESS, absolutely NONE being in 1st place. They are NOT as talented as the Brewers. It may sound like sour grapes, but it's really not when I say I have watched and listened to a number of Cubs games this year and they have had so much luck go their way. So many fluky things have happened that have allowed them to win some games this year.

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. It worked for the Cubs tonight. There's still 13 days left for things to "turn around" and we're only 1 game back. Eventually, their luck will run out. Hopefully, from Sept. 24th thru Sept. 30th.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Cubs have NO BUSINESS, absolutely NONE being in 1st place. They are NOT as talented as the Brewers. It may sound like sour grapes

I don't know about that. That does sound like sour grapes. There were several games in April and May that they blew that seemed to be in hand so as they say, those things even out throughout a season. Cubs are a very talented team and I have been very impressed with their bullpen as of late (save Dempster). They have every right to be in first place. They're playing well like we are so you have to just tip your hat to them. It's up to the Brewers to win a lot of games coming up and see what happens. We'll be in the playoffs if we earn it.

Cubs have NO BUSINESS, absolutely NONE being in 1st place. They are NOT as talented as the Brewers. It may sound like sour grapes

I don't know about that. That does sound like sour grapes. There were several games in April and May that they blew that seemed to be in hand so as they say, those things even out throughout a season. Cubs are a very talented team and I have been very impressed with their bullpen as of late (save Dempster). They have every right to be in first place. They're playing well like we are so you have to just tip your hat to them. It's up to the Brewers to win a lot of games coming up and see what happens. We'll be in the playoffs if we earn it.

You made my point Bucks...Their bullpen is NOT overly talented. What you saw in April and May with the blown leads is the real Cubs pen. What you see now, isn't anywhere near the individual talents that some of them have been showing. They are all performing well beyond their career norms.

In the meantime, now that the Cubs have left town, the Cards offense comes to life. Sheesh.

This also makes my point. Every little break the Cubs have gotten this year. Who didn't see the Crads offense coming to life after the Cubs leave town, and NO it wasn't because the Cubs pitching was that great in the series either. The Cards just wasted soooo many opportunities in that series it was unbelieveable.

I kid you not, immediately after the Cubs win, my 5-year old wakes up and barfs more than I thought was humanly possible. It's like she knew what happened.

Well, back to clean-up duty...

That girl. She is special. The same thing happened to me except I barfed all over myself! I can hear her thoughts now. She is confident in the Brewers.

At least the Brewers won!

I believe it was in the 8th inning, Lou went out to make a double switch. Instead of heading to the homeplate umpire he walked on to the field then back tracked to homeplate. After that the Reds coach went immediately to homeplate to protest the game.

It is a direct violation of the rule. Once you cross onto the field of play you can not make a double switch.

I know it's petty, but is this something that has to be looked at and is it a forfietable offense.

Archived