Brewer Fanatic

The Fate of #756

davebobn
I don't believe in mob rule, so I don't believe a vote should be the end-all in deciding the fate of an artifact from a particularly relevant event. Then again, I also believe in personal property rights so Mr. Ecko is free to do with the ball as he pleases.

UPDATE: 756 is going to the Hall with an asterisk

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7236846?MSNHPHMA

Shameful.

I disagree...I say awesome. It's Ecko's ball, he can do whatever he wants with it. If you're going to get mad at anyone, get mad at the Hall of Fame for taking it in that condition. Displaying that ball in the hall with an astrick is the ultimate slap in the face to Bonds. I'm actually kind of surprised the Hall is doing it.

I haven't paid much attention to this, but how big is this asterisk going to be? Where on the ball are they going to brand it? Won't the HOF just display it in a way that you can't see the asterisk?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What a self-serving loser.

I can only suggest that you don't buy his clothes. Then maybe he'll fade back into anonymity.

And if I'm ever at a baseball game and I see someone ahead of me at the urinal wearing Ecko jeans, I may just have to brand the back of your pant leg with my own special asterisk.

Gilbert Arenas has offered to purchase the ball from Ecko so it doesn't get branded. He's offered $800k for it, plus he'll give it back for free if Bonds is ever officially found guilty of using PED's.

HERE is a link to his blog where he talks about it a few articles down.

fixed link:MSC

This is the perfect outcome for the ball. A hundred years from now when I become the first man to live to age 125 I'll take my great-great-great-great grand kids to Cooperstown and tell them all about Barry Bonds and his home-run giving pal, Mr. Anabolic-Steroid. Long live Hank Aaron, screw these new age cheaters is what say I.

Archived