Brewer Fanatic

9/17/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Houston (Albers) 7:05 CDT

phatmatt1215

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

3 rookie starters = Brewers sweep (hopefully)

or, like years past:

3 rookie starters = Astros sweep

Assuming the Cubs take 2/3 from the Reds:

Brewers sweep = division tied

Brewers 2/3 = 1 GB

Brewers 1/3 = 2 GB

Astros sweep = 3 GB

2/3 is a must, anything less would really hurt unless the Cubs manage to choke this week.

I don' think this is a must win game, but its a game you would like them to win. The cubs have to go against Arroyo which has proven to be a competent starter with a poor record. We are going against a starter we faced 2 weeks ago and had a pretty good game against.

Love the avatar brewtank! Just my humble (and perhaps wishful) opinion, but I really think the Reds can take 2 out 3 against the Scrubs. They have to face Arroyo, Harang, and Shearn. Arroyo has good numbers this year against the Scrubs and has been on a roll (4 straight quality starts), Harang is Harang, and Shearn has been solid. IF we just take care of business, I think we will be in real good shape come thursdayhttp://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smokin.gif

It isn't a must win game but with the Braves looming and the Cubs having a 6 game home stand against bad teams, it's probably a must win series.

And if you expect the Brewers to always beat up on rookie pitchers, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. What's a typical rookie pitcher ERA? Maybe a 5.0 - 5.25? Those kind of guys still win all the time. It's like expecting Bush to have a 4-17 record.

To me, every game from here on out is a "must win" game, until the cubs lose one. If the cubs win out, the Brewers will need to win out in order to tie. That would make tonight's game a "must win" else the season is lost. Since we don't really know what the cubs will do, the Brewers should probably win just to make sure. For every cubs loss in the next two weeks, the Brewers will earn a game that is no longer a "must win". I think it's to the point where we can't assume the cubs will lose enough games that we can afford to lose now.

This post is sort of a mess, if anyone understands what I am saying and agrees, feel free to put it in better words.

I think Johnny should be sent to the 15 day bereavement list for... um, in remembrance of that raccoon I saw on the side of the road today with its legs in the air.

I got to think that Chips is in there for his "defense" (?) ((shudder)), as he's caught Yo the last 3 times out.

Knows him the best, but still... scary.

To me, every game from here on out is a "must win" game, until the cubs lose one. If the cubs win out, the Brewers will need to win out in order to tie. That would make tonight's game a "must win" else the season is lost. Since we don't really know what the cubs will do, the Brewers should probably win just to make sure. For every cubs loss in the next two weeks, the Brewers will earn a game that is no longer a "must win". I think it's to the point where we can't assume the cubs will lose enough games that we can afford to lose now.

Doesn't that make the first game of the season a must win game?

And in football, in makes more sense to place more emphasis on the "control your own desinty" scenario but it doesn't make sense in baseball until maybe the last week of the season. I will put the rluz guarantee that neither team is going to win out the season, so I don't even bother considering that scenario yet.

Archived