Brewer Fanatic

Thank you Mass, et al

biedergb

Well it was a great and memorable year for the minor leagues, with 5 teams making the playoffs, a perfect game by Parra hilighting some of the positives. Obviously the suspensions of Salome and Jeffress hilighted the negatives.

A special thank you to MassHass for his dedication to the Daily LInk Report. Obviously a ton of time and effort went into this.

Also thanks to many regular contributors, especially those who helped provide 1st hand accounts, just to name a few of the top of my drained brain, Pogokat, wvpowerblkwel, hvstarfan, among others.

Thanks again.

Now for a twists, we get to watch a pennant race in the major leagues.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Exactly the same for me Boy Jeenius. The Power 50 drew me in, and the minor leagues will keep me hooked no matter how the big league club is doing. Thanks for everything again this year Mass and everybody. Now on to the AFL and eventually winter ball (and hopefully October baseball in Brew town!).

Thanks Maas. It's been an honor to have been an observer to such an eventful season. Emotional highlights have included the Lindbrook trade, Salmone suspension, Katin accusation, the regular season successes and Huntville's gut wrenching season ending. Thanks to you and the B'fan's contributors. A small precentage of baseball fans truly appreciate the drama of Minor League Baseaball .As far as I'm concernred, this has been the best baseball season ever.

A day hasn't gone by this summer that I didn't click on one of Maas's links.

The minor league forums here are truly fantastic, and though easy to take for granted... I don't.

Thanks alot Maas, and everyone else who might have made me look at things differetly, more closely, and more often.

I also got hooked onto the minor leagues through Brewerfan and thats all thanks to you Mass, bringing us the Link report every day is just a real treat. I dont know if any other team has it as good as us Brewer fans with finding info at the figure tips of this great site. I appreciate your great work and wouldnt know half the stuff I know now about the Brewers and its all thanks to Mass. Thank you very much for bringing us the Link report and opening up a whole new world to me. Keep up the great work.

Thanks primarily to Mass, but also to all the staffers (Pogo, Colby, And That) and posters who contribute here on the Minor League side. I haven't had time for much but reading the link report headlines of the playoff chase, but I'll catch up on everything over the winter...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Mass: Thanks so much from someone who was new to the board this year. The link reports are nothing short of amazing as well as the commentary all you folks add. You guys were always my first read in the morning, and usually the last after returning home from Power games at night. Your dedication is incredible! It's hard to believe this season is done, but we cleaned out our players home yesterday so I guess it is official! Thanks again!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"thanks for doing more work than anyone should do without receiving a paycheck...your contributions are unmeasurable "

You mean Jim doesn't get paid for this????

Cripes, he probably puts more effort into the Link Report than most of us put into our jobs.

Thanks again, Jim. First thing I read every morning is the link report. Can't wait for the AFL!!!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It was another great year of being able to get all the stories and scores from around the minor leagues. It has been fun being able to learn about the Brauns, Gallardos, and Parras of the minor league system and always knowing help is on the way. I look forward to the continued coverage of the best minor league system in baseball. Keep up the good work and take some time off, you deserve it.

I don't even know what to say about Mass. As a newbie here, it's really easy to see that he's HEROIC with his efforts and talents. I've enjoyed myself every time I've hooked up to the minor league forum. And double thanks to the regular guys who report what they see. Awesome collaboration.

Thanks for all the kind words, and thanks to pogo and colby for giving me a bit of a mid-season and late-season breather, respectively.

But your biggest thanks should go to Mrs. Haas, a non-sports fan (opposites attract), who allows me to fulfill my duties here while I hopefully fulfill them around the house as well. It helps that she's a nurse who goes to bed very early most nights http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/tired.gif.

In fact, we're celebrating 20 years of marriage today. The kid's at school, we're going out for a romantic lunch, and "Go Marlins" tonight.

If you do the math, you'll see we were married in late September 1987, and the Brewers had a 91-71 record off their 13-0 start that was wiped away by a horrid 12-game losing streak in May.

Coincidentally that season, the Brewers played a late series in Toronto, where we honeymooned after our stay in Niagara Falls. (No, I did not attend, but it was fun knowing the Brewers were sweeping the Blue Jays, ruining their season, as Toronto finished just two games back of Detroit and out of the playoffs.)

No, I didn't go to the Hockey Hall of Fame either (I tried) -- I remember lots of shopping, and well, "honeymoon stuff" http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif.

I've definitely taken a big-time breather since the end of the minor league season, and I have to catch up on some Power 50 rankings (another week or so), and a post-season roundtable discussion. Thanks for your patience. Continue to look for all the usual off-season updates we provide on Rule 5, free agency, etc.

• 9 months later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thank you for bumping, but it's not really necessary.

I just want to remind folks that nearly all the threads in the Minor League Forum contain stories or news of interest you likely would not see otherwise. Some readers just review the Link Report via the link within the Brewerfan.net banner on the top of the screen, but miss the other threads. Please be sure to become a Yuku member (free, although preferred Yuku status is available at minimal cost as well) by establishing a Yuku log-on, so you'll get the little baseball symbols and such letting you know which threads and which posts are new every time you visit.

Archived