Brewer Fanatic

Screen saver issue...please help

NeedMoreFans
I have a pretty new computer. Everything was working great on it. Then, all of a sudden, the screen saver decided it wouldn't turn on. The system won't go into stand by either. I have a laptop, and it won't even stand by when it's unplugged and running on battery. I'm guessing its a driver issue. I haven't installed/downloaded a bunch of stuff on the computer, but something I downloaded may be causing the issue. Any thoughts as to what could be the culprit?

Would this be Windows Vista?

Do you have any idea what you might have downloaded or recently installed?

This advice is belated, of course, but I always tell Windows XP users to set restore points often, especially just before and after installing software.

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP

There has to be an equivalent in Vista, but I've never encountered the OS, so I don't know exactly what it would be.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Actually, Windows XP. Also, I can manually switch it to standby or hibernate, it just won't go in automatically.

Try playing around in the Power settings: >Display Properties>Screen Saver>Power

I had similar problems with my new notebook but I was able to fix them in there

Archived