Brewer Fanatic

Braun's Final Line

TheBrewer

What do you guys think will be Ryan Braun's final statistical line for the season.

He's played in 57 Games thus far this season. Ironically, Milwaukee has 57 games left on the season.

You could just double what he's done thus far, but that could be stretching it a little based upon he probably won't play every single game.

Right now in his 57 games he has 229AB. Average that out your at about 4.01AB per game.

Lets say he plays the next 54 of 57 games. He does need time off.

That would mean if you figure it out precisely based upon his AB/Games so far he would get another 216AB.

For the season based on that he'll probably arrive at about 445 AB. (501 is the minimum each season of Plate Appearances that you need to qualifiy for awards, which would mean if you add in his walks he'll most likely break that 501 mark fine.)

Back to the stats, so if he gets 445AB projecting that on the numbers he done so far he would end up at this:

.349BA / 35HR / 95RBI / 297TB / 35BB / 107K / 17SB / 91 Runs / 155 Hits

Thats what he would be projected for based upon the above numbers precise.

But what do you guys think he'll end up with as a final season line?

Personally I would say .332BA / 32HR / 14SB / 102RBI /

It seems his power has just gone up like no other, and he hasn't stolen as many bases as of late since he's hitting it out of the park every game. I would also anticipate his BA to drop a little bit, I know he's got it all going on, but just like everyone else I would imagine he's going to have a slump, or just come back down to earth a little on that half. Though if he keeps his power surging like he has of late, 40HR probably isn't out of the question either.

Quote:
He's played in 57 Games thus far this season. Ironically, Milwaukee has 57 games left on the season.

Question for you . . . why is this ironic?

As for the post, I think Braun will continue to hit. There's no reason that he'd slow down, other than an injury.

I'll throw out .331 avg, 36 doubles, 29 HR, 89 RBI, .953 OPS

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Question for you . . . why is this ironic?

We could start a whole thread about the use of "ironic" incorrectly. I would say 57 and 57 is "coincidental" because you happen to be asking the question today, but not ironic. There may not be many Mark Belling fans on here, but it's great when he gets on a frequent rant about the use of "ironic".

Regression toward the mean.

Which mean? Who's mean? If that were always the case, you'd never have all-stars and you'd never have guys that wash out without making it. Maybe Braun is a first-ballot HOFer and will hit .345 for his career.

I know, I know, regression toward the mean is another possibility (like an injury).

Quote:
Which mean? Who's mean? If that were always the case, you'd never have all-stars and you'd never have guys that wash out without making it. Maybe Braun is a first-ballot HOFer and will hit .345 for his career.

That's the point. His mean has not been established, yet y'all are acting as though it's a given that he will maintain his current level of production.

Quote:
That's the point. His mean has not been established, yet y'all are acting as though it's a given that he will maintain his current level of production

At the same time you are taking it as a given that he cant. It can go both ways

Quote:
There may not be many Mark Belling fans on here, but it's great when he gets on a frequent rant about the use of "ironic".

who was "ranting" about it? I was seriously asking why it was ironic.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

who was "ranting" about it? I was seriously asking why it was ironic.

I said Belling rants about it. It's just the wrong use for "ironic", which I believed you were pointing out. I guess I misunderstood why you were asking (thought you were kidding around with your question). It's coincidental that he's played in 57 and there are 57 left as of today, not ironic. I guess I tried to add some humor as well and it was obviously missed. My apologies.

Archived