Brewer Fanatic

9-15 Non brewers GT (Or, let's face it, The Cubs-Cards Twinbill Thread)

brewers255
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Right now the Cubs are up two games. If the Brewers win tonight and the Cubs lose tonight the Brewers will pick up a game and be a game back.

I'm with Stevo and stoutdude. Plus, it just sounds better for the brewers to still be able to pick up a game, even if its not the "net result of the day".

Suddenly I really hate the Cardinals. I figured a veteran team, season on the line at home against the Cubs, last chance to turn it around, would find a way to rise to the occasion like they did to us in late July.

But they're smoked. The Cardinals are done.

That wasn't Molina's fault in the 1st as much as Ludwick, who decided it would be fun to strike out with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out.

Then in the 2nd, Ryan decided it would be enjoyable to pop up to 2nd with 1st and 3rd and 1 out.

I hate the Cardinals so much right now. Their last gasp chance, at home, a veteran team, and they're making Brewer like mistakes and literally handing the division to the Cardinals.

That wasn't Molina's fault in the 1st as much as Ludwick, who decided it would be fun to strike out with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out.

Then in the 2nd, Ryan decided it would be enjoyable to pop up to 2nd with 1st and 3rd and 1 out.

I hate the Cardinals so much right now. Their last gasp chance, at home, a veteran team, and they're making Brewer like mistakes and literally handing the division to the Cardinals.

Joel Piniero is scaring the crap out of me tonight...he's lucky it isn't like 6-0 right now. Nice job getting out of that inning, though, stranding Lee on 3rd.

Edit: Being a veteran team doesn't mean much when your veterans stink. Relying on the likes of So Taguchi, Scott Spiezio, Miguel Cairo, Joel Piniero, etc. is worse than relying on a bunch of 23 year old kids to not fade down the stretch.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Cards leave another guy on third...Pujols lines out to second after Ryan steals second and advances to third on Kendall's bad throw. The Cards really stink with RISP tonight. Ludwick and Molina have each left 3 on, while Ryan and Pujols have left 2 on.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived