Brewer Fanatic

09/15/2007 Cincinnati (Saarloos) at Milwaukee (Suppan) 6:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that absolutely was the right decision by Yost, and thankfully, it worked.

The wrong decision would have been leaving Turnbow in after 2 walks. Sometimes it's not as much of a crapshoot as people think, where Ned would be criticized no matter what he does. Sometimes it's black and white. After Turnbow walked the 2nd guy, it was black and white.

Too bad it took until Sept. 15th to figure out this is the way to go...

Either way, better late than never. Now let's win this freakin' game.

Well, this'll be the 4th time CoCo pitches for 4 outs, so it has happened before this year. Maybe Ned just forgot that it's allowed instead of not knowing that it's allowed? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/tongue.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yes, that absolutely was the right decision by Yost, and thankfully, it worked.

Yeah, it's funny how things go like that. Some people will try and have you believe that it's all up to the players to just "execute" no matter what situation they're put in. Turns out that better decisions are more likely to produce better results. We're not just dealing with a series of random happenstances afterall! Who knew?

Well, crewcrazy, I thought J.J. might have been good for 20. I can see where you're coming from, though, given that during J.J.'s rookie season, you went until September without actually seeing a Hardy homer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

How many people would have burst out laughing at the start of the year if you were told that JJ Hardy would have 25 home runs this year?

If you told me in April that the Brewers would lead the league in HR, have four 20+ youngsters, including Hardy at 25, Braun at 30, and Fielder at 45, I'd assume that we won the division going away.

Archived