Brewer Fanatic

09/15/2007 Cincinnati (Saarloos) at Milwaukee (Suppan) 6:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree tonight (with the Ned bashing). Not just the no pinch hit for Jenkins and double-steal, but also for leaving Soup in for the 7th. Yost has been religious about his 7, 8, 9 innings all year, Suppan gives you six strong innings, why can't that be good enough?! And yes, I know Suppan only had 85 pitches or something, but it just goes against what Ned has done all year - AND, we should just be thankful Suppan gave us six strong!! We only have what, 18 pitchers in the bullpen right now?

Not to mention that Soup hit for himself in the 6th. Why not pinch hit there, bring in Shouse/Linebrink to start the 7th. Or at least pull Soup after the first batter reached on a walk.

I have to agree tonight (with the Ned bashing). Not just the no pinch hit for Jenkins and double-steal, but also for leaving Soup in for the 7th. Yost has been religious about his 7, 8, 9 innings all year, Suppan gives you six strong innings, why can't that be good enough?! And yes, I know Suppan only had 85 pitches or something, but it just goes against what Ned has done all year - AND, we should just be thankful Suppan gave us six strong!! We only have what, 18 pitchers in the bullpen right now?

Not to mention that Soup hit for himself in the 6th. Why not pinch hit there, bring in Shouse/Linebrink to start the 7th. Or at least pull Soup after the first batter reached on a walk.

Absolutely - good additional point!

I hope its the good turnbow tonight.
Looks like the "good" one tonight. But....one more out.....

Turnbow walks the next guy after you post this. Coincidence? I think not. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Jenkins didn't get pinched hit because hes in there for his defense.

That's a pretty weak excuse. He plays LF, I can play LF in the majors for a couple innings.

Yeah I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be in blue? LF is not a key defensive position

Putting it more bluntly than Toby did, this thread is available for describing and discussing games other than tonight's Brewer-Red game:

9-15 Non brewers GT (Or, let's face it, The Cubs-Cards Twinbill Thread)

Scores can be gotten at a plethora of sites, including but not limited to, USA Today Saturday's Scores.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I hope its the good turnbow tonight.
Looks like the "good" one tonight. But....one more out.....

Turnbow walks the next guy after you post this. Coincidence? I think not. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif

You're right - I shouldn't have said a damn word.

Archived