Brewer Fanatic

Possible Huntsville promotions

I was wondering when Lou Palmisano and Manny Parra would be considered for promotions to Nashville. Palmisano is tearing it up at the plate and Manny Parra has been solid all season and if he succeeds in Nashville could be considered as a LOOGY later this season possibly

There are quite a few throughout the organization who could make strong cases for promotions, but I think it's too early for that.

With Nashville experimenting with Rottino behind the plate I would guess that Palsmo stays put for most of the year even if he keeps this pace up.

I, for one, hope Parra is the next one up to AAA. I am of the impression that his AA stint is serving solely for him to get his feet under him again. And I think he's established that.

JIm pointed out about a week ago that manny has pitched a couple hundred innings in AA...he's definitely ready for AAA...i'm sure he's the first starter to move up...and hopefully fairly soon...

I agree with that. I think Parra went there to kind of get re-acclimated a little, then move up to AAA.

For those wanting a second lefty in the Brewers pen in August and September, I think that's your man.

With the way things are going with the Brewers and at every level the only way someone is going to get promoted is through injury or at the cost of some of the depth players jobs.

That being said if the Brewers keep it up I would imagine for the first time in memory several of our high profile prospects might not be Brewers for long. I don't think anyone is untouchable including Yo and Braun for the right type of player if we think we can make a run at it.

Quote:
That being said if the Brewers keep it up I would imagine for the first time in memory several of our high profile prospects might not be Brewers for long. I don't think anyone is untouchable including Yo and Braun for the right type of player if we think we can make a run at it.

this season is going swimmingly, but lets not lose sight of the plan...i want the brewers to be the a's, braves, twins, or braves, not the marlins or d backs...i want a buncha playoff appearances in a row, not just one...the brewers can trade someone, but unloading the whole system would be very shortsighted right now...

I don't mean the whole system just that it wouldn't surprise me if we are the guys trading for an allstar type player and parting with a high profile prospect in return.

I don't want to see the system depleted either but wouldn't lose any sleep if we got the final piece and lost a Gallardo or Braun in the process. I actually wouldn't mind one of those guys beating us regulary in the future if we won a world series now.

i'm with you on that Brett, though i think Joe Thatcher should get a chance before we move Manny to the pen...

Just to clarify my thoughts on this - I think Parra would only be in the pen this season for the stretch run. I still think he's definitely a starter in the future.

Quote:
this season is going swimmingly, but lets not lose sight of the plan...i want the brewers to be the a's, braves, twins, or braves, not the marlins or d backs...i want a buncha playoff appearances in a row, not just one...the brewers can trade someone, but unloading the whole system would be very shortsighted right now...

Exactly. I want a decade of Dominance. Not 1992 and 15 years of rebuilding.

At what Position do the Brewers need a significant upgrade?

That is my question.

The only 3, I see are 3rd Base and we have Braun

Maybe long relief but Dessens is not getting much work anyway and maybe another lefty out of the pen (but you will not find that)

Personally I think we have better upgrades at AAA (with Braun, Gallardo, Jackson) than what will be available on the open Market at the trade deadline.

Back to the original point of the thread move Captain Lou up around July 1 if he is still doing well. Also Move Parra and Thatcher up at that time as well.

AAA is a way to stash players that will help in case of injury or help for the future. I don't think Rottino really has a chance of either at the catching position so move up the people that do.

Joe Thatcher will be the next reliever up with the Crew.

I predicted he'd make the club to start the year, so I've been wrong with him once. But I think that he'll be the second up. Balfour now with--I think-- 27 k's vs 5 or so walks in around 16 innings. I think Grant Balfour is first to the show, although Spurling has done a fine job so far.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Spurling has done a fine job so far.

Spurling has allowed 16 hits (16!) in just 7.1 IP, to go along with two walks. Only an act of God has placed his ERA at 3.68, along with the nice inherited runners work of the guys who have bailed him out.

Archived