Brewer Fanatic

Feature story: 2007 Draft recap, early 2008 preview (Scarpetta Update)

colbyjack

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can you get a different pic for that story? I thought it was the LaPorta interview at first. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

From Patrick's article:

11. Cody Scarpetta

Scarpetta signed a 2008 contract right before the August 15th deadline for $350,000, money that is well above slot value and more in line to what an early third round pick would receive. He did a very good job over the last year conditioning his body into a very solid, 6'3", 225 pound frame, which also allows him to sit consistently in the low-90s while touching 94. His offspeed stuff needs work, and he will likely begin his career next summer with Helena.

Baseball America is reporting:

Scarpetta, an 11th-round pick who had committed to Creighton, agreed on Aug. 15 to a contract, but the deal was voided due to a finger injury. The Brewers re-signed Scarpetta to a bonus of $125,000.

I also messed up on Miguel Vasquez, brought to my attention by Jim, who did play with Arizona this summer, although not for very long (27 ABs).

On Robulack, I have in my notes that he did play with Aumont at one point in their careers. I think I got it messed up that they played together this summer, and I'm wondering if I'm thinking of the junior national Canadian team. For whatever reason in my notes I didn't write down when and where.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived