Brewer Fanatic

Three HR's to start the game last Sunday

2hoophead

jeffyscott has it right. The way some of the reporters presented this was kind of confusing.

Here are the three teams to homer in their first three ABs of a game:

Date, hitters (team) and score

Sept. 9, 2007: Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy, Ryan Braun (Brewers); Brewers 10, Reds 5

May 28, 2003: Rafael Furcal, Mark DeRosa, Gary Sheffield (Braves ); Braves 15, Reds 3

April 13, 1987: Marvell Wynne, Tony Gwynn, John Kruk (Padres); Giants 13, Padres 6

This sits right on the line between In-Game Thread material and Major League forum material. Because the question involves three different games, is a significant accomplishment, and fits in with this forum's 'feats' tag, I'll leave it open.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

From the Onion: "Three-Home-Run Start To Game Gives Brewers Crazy Idea"
You forgot to make that text link to something. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've looked all over and can't find that article. If anyone can come up with the link, be my guest.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived