Brewer Fanatic

09/14/2007 Cincinnati (Shearn) at Milwaukee (Sheets) 7:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta hand it to Ned... that was absurd. I wanna see MLB start disciplining umps for crap like that instead of always the player.

I think Hirschbeck knew he screwed up, because I don't see any other way Ned stays in the game after that argument.

I agree. How Ned is still in the game and Jenks isn't is amazing.

The ump must have known he screwed up, b/c no way would any ump let a manager yell at him like that and point his finger in the ump's face if the ump thought he was in the right without tossing the manager too.

No. Hirschbeck wasn't going to throw Ned out because Hirschbeck probably figured Ned wanted to get thrown out. Ned either had to get himself a three-game suspension or just give up and walk away.

Why in the world are you using Stetter here?

if stetter went 1-2-3, i doubt anything would be said. He has been pitching well, I don't think you can blame Ned for this one, he does need to go get him though.

No Shouse is available as he was just warming up. If you want to use the lefty use the one that isn't a September callup.

Why Stetter here?! Just when I compliment Yost, he brings in a AA callup in the 8th inning in a pennant race down by 2 runs. You can't make this up.
Umm.. my guess would be probably because of the leftys coming up, im just throwing a guess out there. If he goes 1-2-3 no one is crying about it, he didnt get the job down, stop blaming Yost for EVERYTHING.

Why in the world are you using Stetter here?

if stetter went 1-2-3, i doubt anything would be said. He has been pitching well, I don't think you can blame Ned for this one, he does need to go get him though.

bhf...Stetter was pitching in AA before his call up. Come on. Anyone would have told you he was going to suck.

I don't think it qualifies as a Yosting when you're already behind. I could be wrong, though.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with bringing in Stetter considering how well he's pitched since his call-up. It wasn't like Ned was throwing Aquino out there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived