Brewer Fanatic

09/14/2007 Cincinnati (Shearn) at Milwaukee (Sheets) 7:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he is hurt. Yost has been doing this a lot lately. See Bush on Wed and Vargas (SF) and Bush (at CIN).

But then you're just setting your BP up horribly for the last 17 games. Might as well let Sheets get shelled and save the bullpen.

I understand it. Bennie had NOTHING tonight. You are already down 5-0. This is a pennant race and you have to try to get a run or two anyway you can and try to start to chip away. Allowing your pitcher to hit even with the bases empty and two outs is not the way to do that. Had Benny not already given up 5 runs, it would be a different story, but basically desperate times call for desperate measures. This was one of those situations.

"The best race in baseball"... Huh? Oh, yeah, somebody's gotta win the NL Central.

I swear, I may need to join Alcoholics Anonymous by the end of this season... And it's your freakin fault, too, Ned! Damn you!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Jebus Gentlemen! I settle in for a leisurely dinner counting in my head all of the reasons why we should just be chalking this W on the board and moving on to saturday, only to check in at a 0 - 5!

i'd rather be facing oswalt, harang, zambrano, gorzelanny, hamels... crikey!

I do find Ned guilty of starting Ben tonite instead of Suppan on 'rergular' 5 days rest... partially because i've got tickets for tomorrow. Grrreat... i get to see a rusty soup can on 6 days now.

for some reason i do not feel this game is out of reach... adios i'll check in in an hour.

Archived